Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize the little things were the big things. ~Robert Brault

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

A Visit to San Diego

I know what you're thinking: "Where on earth does this crazy lady find time to go to San Diego while her son is undergoing intense chemotherapy?! And furthermore, what kind of lame-o mom leaves her very, very sick child?" Well, don't get your panties all in a wad... I went on a VERY relaxing girls weekend with my sister-in-laws and my mother-in-law in February. It. Was. Awe. Some. Seriously. It was a relaxing weekend where most of us stuffed ourselves into one bedroom, stayed up FAR too late talking about everything from boys (for the single ones) to make up. We went out for frozen yogurt, went shopping at the swap meet (Yay for cheap MAC make up), ate at a beautiful restaurant on the beach, took turns holding my SUPER cute new nephew, did each others hair, had make up lessons from Naomi, spent time walking around the Temple, got tinsel in our hair from Kelly, watched the sunset at the beach... did I mention how awesome it was?
It was even more amazing for me because we stayed at my parents house. It was a two-fer. I came out a day early and stayed a day late. I got to see Kevin and Abby's new BEAUTIFUL home, spend day with my my amazingly cool Grandma, and have a sleep over with the Ladies (two of the coolest nieces EVER!).
This was a weekend that I needed. I think the dear Lord knew what was coming. He knew that I would need this weekend to look back on right now. To keep me going when things are nuts... which is literally ALWAYS. I need another weekend like that. A weekend where I can just pretend my life is "normal" (if there is such a thing).

Smile Bradley!! (He's on the phone with Jessie.)
Naomi. Isn't she cute even when she's silhouetted.





3 comments:

Jessica said...

Who knew things would be so different within a matter of weeks?! What a wonderful weekend indeed! We love you guys!

Melissa said...

*unwadding panties* haha not really but that comment made me crack up! That weekend sounds like bliss, I'm so glad you have those memories to look back on! Thinking of you all :)

David and Deena said...

the journaling and pictures make it seem like a wonderful dream...how wonderful for all of you!