Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize the little things were the big things. ~Robert Brault

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Weekly Update

I don't have a ton to report but I have lots of random pictures. Carter's liver counts came down and he's back on his nightly chemo. We'll see how long it lasts. He has a spinal tomorrow that, thank goodness, Bryan will be able to take him to. I'll keep myself occupied at the gym and grocery shopping with the girls. :) (All the while thinking about Carter, I'm sure.)
Here's a quick overview:
On a slow afternoon where we all needed to get out of the house we headed over to see Daddy at work. Carter and Addilyn got their teeth cleaned. Preslee got the paper thing around her neck and then decided that teeth cleaning was for sissies and opted for a tantrum instead. It was pretty much awesome. :)


The closest she got to clean teeth.
The kids aren't the only one with pearly whites. Clint came up to get some work done. (Thank you to whoever smacked him in the face during basketball therefore busting on of his front teeth.) It was seriously so great to see him. He is Bryan's closest friend in the world and I adore him as well. They don't see enough of each other. He was only here for a day but we got to catch up, the boys went out for lunch, dinner, and played some b-ball. Then Bryan got to give him lots of shots and drill away. Lucky Clint! He gets to come back up in a few weeks to finish everything up. Love that guy. I love what a great friend he is to Bryan. Here they are exploring in the wildness which is just past our back yard.
This little munchkin is seriously so insanely cute. I know I always say that but she seriously is. She's absolutely hysterical. Yesterday she was sword fighting with Carter and he told her, "Duck, Pres, Duck!" She she looks at him, jumps up and down, and goes "QUACK! QUACK! QUACK!" It was so funny!
Her big milestone right now is that she is starting to go to sleep in her big girl panties. Yesterday she stayed dry for her entire nap and last night she stayed dry ALL NIGHT LONG! We aren't holding our breaths for this thing to be over. We know she'll have multiple accidents but we're heading the right direction. (She had accidents the two previous days during her nap then it dawned on me that diapers and night and panties at nap time may be a touch confusing so we're giving them up all together.)
We have been getting DUMPED on in the snow department. It's really pretty and I don't really mind it. Here's the house.
I did, however, get my car COMPLETELY stuck at the bottom of the driveway. Our driveway has a dip in it at the base. Of course, Bryan was in Denver for the day and I had a friend's kids so there wasn't a whole lot I could do. I figured it was just going to stay in the middle of the street until the snow melted. I texted my neighbor who had her nice hubby come help me. One of the guys down the road that was working on a house (who we knew well from our home build) also came over to help. They got me unstuck and made fun of me for thinking that my leaf blower would get rid of the snow. (what were my options at that point though.) Needless to say, we stayed inside for the rest of the day. :)
Our beautiful view out back. I LOOOOOVE our view. Forest out the back and Rockies out the front. Can't really complain.
Addilyn got to do a cheer camp (more pics on my photog blog). She LOVED it. They preformed that night at the Varsity boys Bball game. She thought she was a rock star. I took a short video at the practice. She certainly isn't the best one out there but she's most definitely the cutest.

Carter got to go to a birthday party at a glow in the dark mini golf place. It was really cool. His cast looked super awesome, too.

Here's an Intsagram-ed picture of us going into clinic. I find myself not taking pictures of the everyday kind of things. A new years resolution to remedy for sure. And this is an everyday thing for us, nearly. :)
Here's an xray of his port. When he broke his arm we asked for the xrays of this as well. Doesn't he look so small? :) I know it's a really small picture but the port IV goes into his vein which goes into his heart... or something like that. :)

No comments: