Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize the little things were the big things. ~Robert Brault

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Introducing Miss Preslee Ann

I was induced on August 1st, Saturday morning. They started pitosin at 8:30. I was a 4 and about 60% effaced, which was much further than I was with either of the other 2 kids. My doctor came in around 9:45 to check on me and decided to break my water. This was awesome because that's really what gets my labor going. I progressed slowly, got an AWESOME epidural when I was a 5, and just kind of waited. Bryan, being under SO much stress (insert eye roll) got in a few games of Madden on his Xbox and even managed an hour and 1/2 nap. Things finally kicked into high gear around 2:15 when I felt her drop. She was a 10 and ready for arrival. Dr Holmes was there within 15 minutes, I pushed 3 times, and along came Preslee. The nurse cleaned her up on my stomach (which still has an unusually large surface area). I've never had that before. It was really cool and pretty nasty. More than once I had a little white amniotic fluid filled hand smack me in the face, but it was still really neat to have her right there after she was born.
My mom was at the hospital to be there with me so Bryan and I decided to ask her to stay for the birth (with the rule that she HAD to be right by my head). I was really happy to have her be a part of the birth of my second daughter. I was her second daughter and she's my mom so... why not, right? She was THRILLED to be invited and I was really happy to have someone there to take pictures of everything. (ok, not EVERYTHING, but of a lot of things.) My dad came right after the birth and our room had a revolving door until we checked out of the hospital yesterday morning. It's so awesome to see how many people already love this little girl. She's changing daily; becoming less puffy and red but still sleeping a lot! That's what we like! We are so happy to have her be a part of our family. Here are her stats:
~Born at 2:45pm on Saturday, August 1st.
~21 3/4 inches long
~8 pounds 6ounces (impressive since she was 12 days early... little fatty!)

Waiting...
My first look at her. Don't mind my extra chins... we'll say it's a bad angle but I think we all know the truth. :)This is the first time Bryan held her. I am on the phone with Carter telling him that his baby sister is here. He kept asking why his little sister was crying and if I had needles in me.
Bryan is getting some video and my dad is making fun of me for texting instead of being concerned that Preslee is screaming her head off. True sign that I'm not a first time mother, I guess.
Bryan, Dr. Holmes, Renee (my super awesome nurse), Preslee and me. This is what Addi spent most of her time doing when she came to visit. That girl LOVES to "dwup" on anything.
"A lug!" Addilyn loves to give her baby sister "lugs" (hugs). We'll see how long that lasts.

The proud big brother. (He wouldn't drink my water at the hospital because it was my "baby water." I think he thought it was going to make him sick...? Or have a baby? Not real sure.)
I love that my kids are born with hair!! Hers even has some red in it.
Still a little puffy. She's about 30ish hours old here.
How Preslee and I spent our evenings.
Welcome home Preslee. Let reality begin. We love you!!

29 comments:

Pam Jorgensen said...

Congrats Jen! She's beautiful! Better out than in!

H2 said...

Ahhhh such a sweet story. Three pushes doesn't sound so bad. And hip hip hooray for epidurals! Congrats!
-Tami

Matt & Brooke said...

You are a true photographer setting up shoots in your room! LOVE the hosp. bed shot!!!! She is beautiful, congratulations to your cute family....and congrats on wham, bam, birthing experience, SO great!

Shenna said...

She is darling! I can't believe how much hair she has. Let me know if you need anything - I'm only an hour away. :)

Henricksen Family said...

she's Beautiful congratulations. I need to stop by and visit you some time! You have adorable children, congrats on our lil family!

The Brown Family said...

I can't take it!! i must come see her!!!

Tami said...

oh Jen - she is BEAUTIFUL!!! seriously so cute. and that hair! my baby is 6 months old and hardly has any - i CAN"T WAIT till she has as much as yours... love all the pictures - and you look great.

thanks for the fun update.

The Scott's said...

Yay!! Congratulations. Only you... outta bed in the middle of the night, taking the perfect hospital picture. I love it. I can't wait to see our newest member of card club!!! Take care.

Matt and Jennae Porter said...

yay! She is beautiful! Congrats you guys. And I LOVE Addi's room!

Ruth P said...

Congratulations! I love her name! She is so sweet and little! Why do babies grow up too fast?

Danielle Harris said...

Wow! What a beautiful baby! I am so happy for you guys. I'm glad your delivery went well and she is here! Congrats!

Courtney said...

Those pictures are SO cute!! Especially the one of Preslee on the bed!! :) I'm so anxious to come hold her again... and PLEASE call me WHEN you need help!!!

michelle said...

CONGRATS!!

Bryn said...

She beautiful! What an awesome delivery! That is so super cool that you had your mom there with you this time! She's adorable! She's a lucky little girl to be in such a cool fam! We want to come visit!

Smith Family said...

Congrats! She is adorable! Glad everything went well!

Andrea said...

So adorable! Congrats to all of you! I love the picture of Preslee and Addi.

Anonymous said...

yeah, your family is so cute & preslee is so adorable. congrats on the new addition, can't wait for you to bring her in so i can see her live.

The Ferrells said...

Congratulations Jen. She is beautiful. I love her hair color. Good luck with your 3 little ones. (I love reading your blog. I hope you don't mind.) Emily Ferrell

Zwick family said...

Jenny,
She is SOOOOO sweet!!! I love her 2 pink bows! Jessica (Jergensen) Armstrong just had a baby girl too. THey neamed her Kate. Congratulations and welcome to the world of 3 children!!!

Love,
Andrea

Allison said...

Congratulations! She is adorable, and I LOVE all hair!

Ben said...

Hooray! She's BEAUTIFUL!! We can't wait to meet her!

Beth said...

Congrats you guys! You look amazing Jen, Preslee is beautiful! You call me when you need lunch, a play date for Carter and Addi, anything!! You hear me? For reals! Of course I am dying to see her in person, but only when your ready! I love the picture of Addilyn Jumping, they are all great!

Ashby said...

Congratulations Jen! She's adorable! Can't wait to see you guys!

Brooke Family said...

She's so beautiful!!! My favorite picture is the one of you texting with your HUGE smile!!! It's OVER!!! I love you so much and wish I was there with you!!! xoxo
Love, Jenna

tollestrupfamily said...

congrats Jen - she is beautiful!

Joyce said...

AWWWW.... she is so precious! I love her name also!! Congrats!!

Anonymous said...

The pink bows & binkie shot is ADORABLE!! Congratulations!!

Spjut Family said...

Beautiful Baby. How fun. Good luck Jen and I am so so happy for you and your little family.

GoatesGirl said...

She's darling! Can't wait to meet her. Congrats. Glad all went well, LOVE the name- especially the "ee".