Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize the little things were the big things. ~Robert Brault

Thursday, May 31, 2007

How is this possible?

As I sit here not sleeping... again.... I think to myself how crazy it is that in a few short hours (at least right now they seem short) we are going to have a little girl to go along with the little boy we already have. What the crap are we thinking having another kid?!? Beyond that, I seriously don't see how it's possible to love another little person as much as I love Carter. The amount of joy and laughter (not to mention stress and frustration) he brings me seems impossible to match. People say you just love your other kids the way you love your first. We'll see I guess. In less than an hour we are leaving for the hospital to have Addilyn. (Our Doctor changed the induction date so he can make it to the Beach Boys concert on Friday night... no, I am not kidding.) Hopefully all will go smoothly and she will come out as cute (or "tute" as he says) as her big brother. He has no idea what's about to happen. He thinks that Addilyn is just another word for Mommy's ever growing tummy. I wonder how long it will take him to figure out that she's not leaving like Tag and Josh leave with their parents. I hope he adjusts well. I gotta say, I am really going to miss spending so much one-on-one time with him.
In this picture, Carter was suppose to be napping in his bed... obviously, he decided that he and Puppy (tucked under his arm) would rather read. Eventually he must have passed out because this is how we found him. What a little turkey! Man, I love that kid!

1 comment:

Elise said...

It was really fun reading this post! Good luck with your delivery-- I'm excited to see pics of your little girl.

Having two kids is certainly an adjustment, but I think that you'll find that you won't just love Addilyn as much as you love Carter, you'll love both of them more.