Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize the little things were the big things. ~Robert Brault

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Quotes of the Day

A few texts from my brother Ryan (who is living in Maui with his family) regarding Carter's cancer:
Me: Please pray harder than you ever have.
Ry: I will... I'll even go to church every week
Me: Good. Maybe this is the Lord talking to you. :)
Ry: No... he tried to flood and drown us.

********
Later that day in a different conversation:

"Heck ya the prayers are working... I stopped a tsunami last night and saved tons of people... this is nothing. I'll have it cleared up in a few hours."

He makes me laugh. I need that right now.

6 comments:

Tami said...

i knew there was a reason i loved that guy... :)

and Jen - I'm sure you will all pull through this and Carter will be good as new. thinking of you in the mean time.

mad white woman said...

Ha ha, Ryan is a funny guy.

I always have such mixed emotions when I read posts like your previous one. From sorrow for the pain all of you have to deal with to happiness that you have such an incredible outlook. I'll keep your family, especially Carter, in my prayers.

(Still read you blog... {obviously}).

Jason and Kate said...

Sorry to hear this news. I love you and will pray for all of you.

Danielle Harris said...

It's good there is someone like Ryan to make you smile right now! I'm so sorry for Carter and your family. We heard from Gramp the other day and have been praying hard for you. I'm so glad there is treatment available and that it looks so positive! Fill us in on how he is doing soon!

Anonymous said...

What a great brother. :)

Michelle said...

Silly boy....