Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize the little things were the big things. ~Robert Brault

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Water!

When Brigett and Koen were here we took a little adventure down to Helen Hunts Falls. It was a beautiful day. Perfect weather to play in a stream. Brigett was in heaven having it only be in the 80s as the weather in Phoenix got up to 118, setting records. (NOT missing that!!) We knew, from previous trips up here, to come with bathing suits and flip flops in hand. The kids just played; it's not "swimming" water. They built a dam and threw rocks to make splashes. Preslee, of course, was SOAKED after about .3 seconds so we stripped her down to her diaper so her clothes could dry. That's right, it was a SUPER classy look. She is by FAR my busiest child. She can go go go all day long. But she sleeps well... :) from burning all that energy, I can only assume. It was the perfect day. Relaxing, great weather, wonderful friends, beautiful children, and a picnic. ***Side note: My poor children are the definition of pasty... poor kids. I take full responsibility for that.***

Preslee, in true form.
Chucking a rock. I can't believe she didn't hit anyone.
Building the dam. Bryan was the site manager... did a great job. ;)
I love this picture. She absolutely adores her Daddy. (So do I!)
I told the kids I would give them some gummy worms if they would sit in the water for a picture. Preslee, obviously, was great with it. Koen also did great... I'm sure he was thrilled it didn't feel like a bathtub like water in Phoenix does. Carter and Addi on the other hand... wimps.

No comments: