Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize the little things were the big things. ~Robert Brault

Monday, September 19, 2011

A Little Update

I know I've been neglecting the blog. Lots going on. Here's a quick update on the family.
Bryan went on a boys weekend to New Orleans with Clint (always), Bill (Clint's brother), and Collin Christensen (his cousin). They had a lot of fun. They went and saw Joe Rogan (the Survivor dude who is also into UFC) do a show about UFC, went on a cool swamp tour, went to what I can only assume is an aquarium (he texted the kids a picture of a baby alligator and turtle), and of course, hit up an NFL game.
My mom came and hung out with me for the weekend with the kids. Always makes it a little better having someone to spend the weekend with when Bryan is gone. I get so bored at night.
Carter's counts are super sucky. They more or less have been since the beginning of August. He hasn't really played with anyone since then. He hasn't even seen his sweet friend Taeler except for once since then. We avoided a blood transfusion this weekend by the skin of our teeth. That wouldn't have been a huge deal but it would have been a day in the hospital and a day away from the girls. We went to the doctor again today for his monthly antibiotic and checked counts again. Still bad but showing signs of heading the right direction. He has another appointment on Friday and IF (big "if") he passes counts he will start a new cycle of chemo on Monday morning. Personally, I don't think he'll pass.
Pathetic moment of the week: Addilyn for the past few weeks has been complaining of being tired and having pain in her legs and stuff like that. Those were the same complaints that Carter had when he was diagnosed. So, Dr Reaves (the oncologist) let me bring her in today and they tested her for Leukemia. Good news guys; she doesn't have it. :) Dr Reaves giggled when I requested the test with the disclaimer of "I know I'm being silly but..." and assured me that I am NOT the first parent that is uber paranoid about siblings getting cancer as well.
Pres is still too cute and wild for words. She learned how to climb out of not only her crib but also a port-a-crib. She's only done each one time but unfortunately I think our days in the crib are numbered. I can't believe I'll be getting rid of it... never thought I'd see the day.
I'm good... same old thing. I'm working away on getting a few photo sessions done. I took out some girlfriends this weekend for a "Hot Mama" shoot. We had so much fun. The weather and girls were beautiful so in turn the pictures are beautiful.
Next I'm going to post about our vacation to Breckenridge... over a month ago. :) Until then, I'll find a random picture to post with this post.
This picture is from Breckenridge. I have been SUPER bad about just pulling out the camera. I think after we move (IN TWO WEEKS!!!!!) I'll be better about it. I'll be sure to take pictures of the disaster of a house while we are unpacking. :)

3 comments:

Shenna said...

Thanks for the update post. :) Love and miss you guys!!

Beth said...

Yay, a house!!!! I'm so happy for you guys, and wishing you the best with the move! Think about you all the time!!! Miss you!

coming unstuck said...

so beautiful....you have a beautiful family and a wonderful spirit about you..thanks for sharing with us..I would like to Follow your blog...Prayers are with you and your family. Liz