Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize the little things were the big things. ~Robert Brault

Friday, December 21, 2007

Out of the Mouths of Babes

(The picture above is Abby.)
Many of you know my darling little nieces, Grace and Abby. They are Kelly's twin 3 1/2 year old girls. Anyways, the other day they were over and everyone was having a potty break. Bryan was kind enough to take care of. Normally when it's Kel or me doing it Carter leaves while the girls go and the Ladies leave while Carter goes. Not so, with Bryan in charge. When Carter was done Bryan told him to "shake it off"... you know... shake it off...? So, fast forward a few hours to when Papa is going into use the bathroom. The kids were following him around as they always do when he is visiting. They asked if they could come in the bathroom with him. (As all of us Mommy's know, not even using the restroom is sacred.) He, of course said no and told them to go and play. As he's shutting the door Abby yells, "Don't forget to shake it off, Papa!" Gotta love it!!

8 comments:

Ashby said...

I literally laughed out loud on that one! And I'm still laughing. Hilarious!

Jana said...

That is hilarious. Shaking it off is gross too. :) How about wiping?!!! :)Boys are yucky. :)

the Pearce Place said...

hey, we got your christmas card, I'm so glad you had my address, and that now we can become Blogging buddies---
so anyway, I think that by me commenting you'll have the link to my blog. Your kids are adorable, it's so fun to read about your family, blogs are great... Man when we met, the internet didn't even exist- or at least we didn't know it did!
merry christmas :)

Krissy Lowe said...

What a funny story. Kids are hilarious. I was dying laughing

Unknown said...

I was laughing so hard when I read this! I also love the picture of Abby on this post... that is one to save for the wedding video some day!!! I hope you guys had a fabulous christmas. I am sorry I didn't get back to you on Saturday evening when you left a message. I hope everything went all right.

San Tan Bullies--Johnson Family said...

Hi just wanted to let you know we are making our blog private. We would love to send you an invite if you send your email address to us. swimmingfun@yahoo.com

Missy said...

Jen...I feel like I haven't seen you in years! Hurry and update...or I might come over again and chat your legs off!!! Hope your having fun in Cali.

Michelle said...

Nudge... I know you have pic's of Christmas!!!