Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize the little things were the big things. ~Robert Brault

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Saddest Question in the History of the World

Bryan and I just got back from a week in Maui. (Yes it was amazing but that will have to wait for another post.) After we had been gone for 4 days Carter had had enough of it. He was very melancholy all afternoon. When Grammie put him in bed that night he quietly and thoughtfully asked her, "Grammie, did Mommy and Daddy go to live with Violet?" He thought we had died. Seriously.
BROKE MY HEART!!! I cried though the rest of the conversation with my mother-in-law, while I was telling my friend Courtney about it, through my entire shower, and then finished the day by crying myself to sleep.
I think that's the last time we'll be away from the kids for THAT long (a week) until they are a bit older. We need to just stick to long weekends...

12 comments:

Momma Malia said...

so sad. i'm sure he's glad you are back. hope you had fun.

michelle said...

Awww!! My heart broke reading this!

That Maui trip sounds divine right now though - it's freezing in SF right now and I'm craving a tropical vacay, especially a romantic one!

Tami said...

talk about a tear jerker!! sheesh - kids sure do know how to make a mom feel guilty.

Laura Blue said...

*tear*

HEIDI said...

That is the saddest question ever...I love Maui! You are so lucky to go, I can't wait to see the pics :)

Davis Family said...

That is so sad!! I always wondered what kids thought when when their parents leave for a while. He is a smart kid, you really will never be leaving again without him anytime soon I bet! Glad you guys had a blast, I a major jealous!

Bryn said...

Oh!!! You are not making it very easy for me to plan Austin and my trip next year for a week. I hope you guys had the best time! Can't wait to hear all about it! :) By the way....what was it that I had to ask you? I hope I remember!

Smith Family said...

Oh so sad! What a little sweetie! Can't wait to hear about your trip though!

katie said...

That would break my heart too-so sad. Can't wait to see pictures. Glad you had fun!

Matt and Jennae Porter said...

Oh my gosh that's awful!!! I would have felt terrible too. I guess that's when you suck it up and bring the kids (and a babysitter) on vacation with you!!

The Dobrons said...

Oh my gosh that IS so sad.

Missy said...

Oh, so so sad...cute, but sad! I love him.