Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize the little things were the big things. ~Robert Brault

Friday, November 7, 2008

The New Blanket

I have a friend, Beth, who has an Etsy store. She is such a talented, amazing person. She is the one who made Addilyn's DARLING tutu for Halloween. Anyways, I had her make me this blanket for Carter. It's made of all of my favorite pieces of clothing from the first 2 years of his life. It turned out SO cute!! She finished it really quickly and made sure to talk to me about what I wanted in the middle of the blanket (thus his "Mommy" shirt is in the middle) and I am beyond impressed with it. I am so excited to some day pass it along to his wife and kids. She even included some pockets and things from his clothes so it's also entertaining for him to play with.
When I showed it to him and told him what it was he was SO excited. He absolutely LOVES it. It has replaced his quilt. Seriously, he makes us pull his quilt down and sleep with this. I also love that it's not TOO big. He can drag it around with him without tripping all over it. Anyways, I wanted to share this with all of you because if you're like me, you still have a few of those old outfits that you can't bring yourself to give away. Well, call Beth. She'll make you one of these puppies!!! Thanks, Beth! We love it.





Beth's website is: www.loveseptember.etsy.com

5 comments:

The Prigmore Family said...

SO CUTE! I am totally gonna need one of these. I LOVE the small kine (hehehe) and the all blacks and the turtles. What a special thing to have!

Tami said...

that is such a cute idea. i need to have one of those made, but for my husband. he has all these ratty old t-shirts that he won't get rid of because they have sentimental value. that would be a good way to put them to use! almost makes me want to learn to sew. almost...

bethany said...

Thanks Jen :) I'm gonna add your link to my Etsy shop!! Love the pictures-stealing those too!

Matt and Jennae Porter said...

Ok I love it, but I'm confused... no more little boy stuff? Are we so convinced that there won't be another little boy? Or is it just now that Bryan is making the big bucks you're going to buy a new wardrobe next time around?

I made something like this for Matt a few years ago. A great way to put old clothes to good use!

CAid said...

https://www.reset931.net/2020/11/pinjaman-online.html