Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize the little things were the big things. ~Robert Brault

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Little Lady

When I had Addilyn I couldn't wait to poke a few little holes in those lobes of hers... same is true for Preslee. It's just so cute and girlie.... and while some people don't agree with this decision, I happen to love baby girls with pierced ears.
So, last Friday away we went to get the ears done. She's 5 months old now so the window was closing for me to get this done. Thanks to my sweet friend Courtney, who came and played photographer for me. Here's a replay of the 5 minute ordeal:
"What's going on? Why am I here?"
"Why is this strange woman drawing on my ears with markers? Mommy gets so mad at Addilyn when she draws on herself with markers."
"WHAT THE WHAT JUST HAPPENED!?!?!?! THAT DOES NOT, I REPEAT NOT, FEEL GOOD!!!"

"Why would Mommy laugh at this? It still hurts!" (That was Daddy's same question.)
So, I tried harder to be sad.

"Fine, you can win me over with food, but know that I was NOT happy with you a minute ago. But, alas, I will thank you for making me more beautiful and feminine."

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

SO CUTE!
SO FUN!
SO JEALOUS!

katie said...

Pretty, prettys!! I would of gone with to help hold your hand! Preslee you are adorable with your new BLINGS!!

Spjut Family said...

Okay, I myself do not have pierced ears. All my three sisters do, but I am terrified of pain. Oh, those pictures made me cringe. Poor baby :) Yikes, she is one brave little camper, not me though, yikes the thought makes my knees weak.

Wendy said...

Why is it that I think mad faces are so adorable?! So cute.

The Upchurch Family said...

You crack me up. I am so excited for Preslee! Michael refuses to let Calla get her ears pierced until she is 12. Ugh!

The Upchurch Family said...

p.s. Preslee is ADORABLE!!!

Sheryl said...

I could never do that because my ears get infected and I would worry about my little ones ears being infected. My mom told me I had to wait until I was sixteen (her ears get infected too) to get pierced ears, but my sisters took me to get it done when I was twelve :)

Her sad face is very adorable!

The Prigmore Family said...

You are awesome. Lets go get her belly button pierced in about 16 years kay?

Bridget said...

How cute! I love the way you posted that, too funny! She's all girlied up now...

Karmann said...

She is such a doll!!!! I love that you captured this moment! She will love to look back at it years from now! I hope someday I can have a little girl as cute as yours and be a mom as cute as you!!!


LOVE YOU and MISS YOU!!!!

ps: Thanks for the sweet letter! YOu made my day!