Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize the little things were the big things. ~Robert Brault

Monday, January 4, 2010

USS Midway

You know how when you grow up in a certain place you don't take advantage of all it has to offer? Like, when I was in high school I got sick of the beach. I preferred my pool because I didn't get sandy. And I've never been to Magic Mountain. The USS Midway is another example of this. I can't believe that I was never taken here on a field trip. It's a docked Aircraft Carrier that is now a museum (more of less). There were tons of planes and helicopters that we could look at and even a few we could get in. It was amazing! The kids had a BLAST! We knew Carter would but Addilyn has asked to go back to the "ship plane" several times since we've been home. I think we'll have to start making this a regular stop while in San Diego from now on.
A view from the dock.


Trying to peek into the "halidoctor"

This picture cracks me up because it says "Danger" and Carter's head is literally in the hole.

There are several different vest colors the air force (or whatever armed force people that are on this) wear. They had examples and explanations for each one. The color you wear shows what your job is. It was really interesting. Addilyn wanted to stand by the "pul-ple" one.

Taking a closer look with Papa.

Carter got to sit in this one and push buttons to his heart's content. Addilyn wanted NOTHING to do with it but would finally sit in it long enough for me to snap a picture.
It was REALLY chilly and super windy. My little AZ babies are NOT use to that! Good thing we dressed warm.
Addilyn snuggling into Papa for warmth. "It's code!"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

so cute! Vacation is the best!~

Melissa said...

The Midway didn't open until 2004, which is why we didn't go on field trips there when we were little :)

The Prigmore Family said...

DUDE! Don't ever tell Dan I said this but the midway rules! Dan had been wanting to go there forever and I kept saying no and then his mom was in town and they took us and I was dragging my heels and then it was awesome. I LOVED talking to the people/volunteers on the ship. Can you even believe that planes land on it and catch that cable. Kind of stone age doncha think? But sweet. Glad you guys had fun.