Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize the little things were the big things. ~Robert Brault

Friday, December 3, 2010

A Last Minute Visitor

Bryan moved up to Colorado three weeks before the rest of us. I am not built to live without my sweetheart. I'm just not. It's not the dependence on him that I need. (But he is quite the Mr. Fix-it.) It's not his role as a father. (Although he can kick any one's trash in the "Daddy of the Year" department.) It's just that I miss him. I miss seeing him (Face Time SAVED me!!), talking to him, cuddling with him, just knowing that he's there. And the kids missed him too!
Originally, since it was only three weeks we (and by we I mean Bryan) decided that he wouldn't come home any of the weekends in order to save money and all that. About a week and a half into his move he realized how very boring life is without us (DUH!). So he called me and said, "Why didn't we think to fly me home this weekend? I don't work Friday until Monday afternoon." I said to him, "We talked about flying you home (and by we I mean I wanted him to) but we (and by we I again mean Bryan) decided not to." After a call to my super awesome parents, we were able to use a free flight my Dad had accumulated and Bryan was home for the weekend. I didn't tell the kids he was coming home and when they saw him they were beyond excited. Carter ditched school and we just hung out enjoyed the beautiful weather while it was still ours to enjoy. **Side note: Bryan got home to a few inches of snow on his car.**We spent way too long playing with bubbles. (This is Addilyn's new uniform. It's a hand-me-down and in it's last leg. Poor Cinderella.)

This little girl is the one that had the hardest time with Bryan being gone and has also had the hardest time with the move. She would light up and start laughing hysterically EVERY SINGLE TIME Bryan would Face Time us. She loves him from head to toe, inside and out. (We all do, but she is proving to be quite the Daddy's Girl.) While he was gone she was SUCH a turkey. She took up screaming (I think I would have preferred drinking) and throwing very impressive tantrums. She could not get enough of him while he was visiting. Even still, everyday when Bryan leaves for work I have to distract her. She cries and cries when she sees him leaving and will chase him out the door. I mean, don't get me wrong, it's cute how much she loves him, but what am I? Chopped Liver?

1 comment:

katie said...

SOOOO glad he could come home for a little visit-nothing like a daddy! We're just gonna have to start our own co-op cause that is a friend that I cannot live without and I know you can't either!! Love ya