Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize the little things were the big things. ~Robert Brault

Friday, January 21, 2011

Carter Loses a Tooth

Last week while I was at a church meeting Carter decided he needed his tooth pulled. For some reason that kid is NOT scared to yank out his teeth. The first one was during sacrament meeting about a month ago. He leaned over to Bryan and said, "Dad, this loose tooth it REALLY bugging me. It needs to come out NOW." So, off to the bathroom they went where Bryan yanked it, got blood on his shirt, and used the excuse to go home and check the scores... I mean, change his shirt.
So, fast forward a few weeks and he needs the accompanying bottom tooth yanked. This is a time it comes in really handy to have a dentist for a dad. Bryan put topical anesthetic on his gums so he would be numb. I told him we should record it so we could send it to his mom. I'm glad he did since I missed the first (and now second) tooth coming out.
This video just cracks me up. I think it's so funny that it takes Dr. Daddy THREE tried to get the already-loose baby tooth out. And Carter didn't even wince. What a tough kid!
(Remember to scroll down and pause the music so you can hear the video.)

3 comments:

The Brown Family said...

alright, this just made me so nauseus...and no, I am not pregnant! how am i ever going to get through the tooth losing phase with my kids?? miss you guys tons...really. visit soon?

Unknown said...

Holy Cow that kid is tough! Very cute, glad you posted it!

Jessica said...

I am NOT even watching this..I hate loose teeth!!! Evelyn chases me around the house wiggling her teeth, and I have nothing to do but run and hide.
Love the topical numbing and dental expertise!
I'll be sure Evelyn watches this tomorrow and I'll post what she says.