Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize the little things were the big things. ~Robert Brault

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Wind Chill

This place it cold. Cold I can handle... wind chill.... that's what gets me. Colorado Springs has wind that takes your breath away. Like, completely away. Gone. No more air in your lungs. COLD. But, we are trying to make the most of it. Before a big storm blew in (and by that I'm not referring to my family, who showed up with the storm) we headed to the park. It was warm enough; at least 35 degrees (hey, "warm" is relative) so we gave it a go. We lasted promptly 5 minutes before we were all running for the car. Correction: Carter, Addilyn, and I were all running for the car. Preslee couldn't see where she was going because of her hat so she just wondered aimlessly until I grabbed her. All in all, we had fun listening to music to and from the park, taking a few pictures while we were there, and warming up with hot chocolate and marshmallows when we got home.






2 comments:

Claydens said...

it is so cold there! I don't miss that, however... I will miss summer. It is the most wonderful weather EVER!Have fun. I'm jealous you live in CO and I don't!

katie said...

Miss P is cracking me up with that hat so low! She's no dummy-just trying to stay warm. Love and miss ya. Can't wait to see you next week