Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize the little things were the big things. ~Robert Brault

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Sledding

A few weeks ago my parents came up to visit with Kelly and the Ladies. It was SO much fun to have them up here (and it made me realize just how small our apartment is. No house guests for us right now. (They were kind enough to get a hotel). The weekend was filled with games, shopping, TONS of junk food, and not enough sleep. The Ladies had never seen snow so they prayed and prayed and prayed for it to snow while they were here. Well, prayers answered. We got DUMPED ON. (It probably wasn't that bad but for us San Diego natives, it was considered "dumping".) Although it was pushing 10 degrees we took the kids sledding while Kelly was visiting Bryan at work (fun fun!). We had a BLAST! I don't know where any good sledding hills are so we just went to a neighborhood and went down a hill there. You would have thought those two little girls were born and raised in the snow the way they were cruising down the hill. It was hysterical. Can't say the same for my kids. We even got a few trains going so I could get in on the action.

Me, Carter, and Abby. We really got moving... and I ended up with a VERY snowy and cold tooshie.
Carter and Mommy. We lost Abby about 1/2 way down the hill.
Staypuff Marshmallow Preslee.
Carter coming down.
Addilyn holding on for dear life.
Gracie showing us what she's got.
Pre-sledding. At least the sun was out. Even with the sun, it was still SO cold!! (Abby, Addilyn, Gracie, and Carter.)

5 comments:

Courtney said...

SO FUN!! I love all the CUTE winter jackets!!

Jessica said...

This reminds me of Natalie's "We're not from around here" post because you can still see grass through the snow!!! The neighborhood locals were probably watching through their windows saying "Look honey, here are some folks that ain't never seen some snow before!!!"
I'm just teasing and I'm so glad you guys were able to enjoy it, snow is so much fun! Who cares if you can still see grass through the snow, fun is fun!

Henricksen Family said...

Looks like a super fun time! I am glad to see some other Arizonians liking the snow too.

Jen and Bryan said...

Jess, I so agree about the grass. They INSISTED on going sledding. And the hill was only, like, 15 feet long. :)

Beth said...

Its so fun to see pictures of you guys and the video of carter cracks me up. Colby is on tooth number 4 or 5! All he really wanted for Christmas was his two front teeth! He looks so funny. It sounds like you guys are settling in and I love to hear how happy you are! Call you soon! Love ya!