Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize the little things were the big things. ~Robert Brault

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Rockets!

Ok, I've neglected the blog long enough... I'm just, well, kinda done.... done with everything that doesn't absolutely HAVE to be done. That being said, this blog is very important to me (and my dear Grandma!) so I want to keep it updated. With that said...
In May my in-laws game up for a weekend to visit. It was SOOOO much fun having them here. My kids absolutely adore them! Preslee literally just laid on Grandad when he picked her up (which is awesome because she's really picky about who is allowed to touch her... or look at her for that matter.) She didn't want anything to do with Grammie compared to Grandad. It was really cute.
We had such a blast while they were here. Carter's counts were great so Grammie and Grandad took Carter and Addilyn to a very empty movie (with Lysol wipes in hand... and death threats from me making sure Carter was kept as far from germs as possible). We also went and shot off Carter's rocket. This rocket was sent to him from Grandad when he was in the hospital. Bryan and he put it together and then we waited patiently for Grandad to come so we could go play with it. And let me tell you, it did not disappoint! It was pretty darn cool. The kids each got to push the "blast off" button.
One of the other highlights of the weekend was the Nerf gun war we had. I wish I could say that it was solely for the kids. While they were quite involved and it was Carter's idea, Grammie, Grandad, and Bryan were just as into it. We had 5 guns and at least 60 bullets. It lasted for HOURS! I found the bullets laying around the house for two solid weeks in the most random places ever! We all enjoyed that and for the first time in two months, Carter ran! It was one of those afternoons that I will never forget... and I'm pretty sure it's etched into Carter's mind as well.

Getting ready for take off.

Addi's turn to push the button.
Preslee just wandered around the whole time. She loved it. :)

At first it kinda scared the kids because it's loud but they quickly got over it. :)
Carter and Grandad heading back to the "take off zone" after retrieving the rocket.
Thanks for coming up guys!!! We can't wait for next time!!

No comments: