Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize the little things were the big things. ~Robert Brault

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Addilyn's Birthday

Addi's birthday was so much fun. We started the morning off making a giraffe cake. After a nap (only Addi unfortunately) we headed to Grammie and Granddad's for cake and swimming. We didn't want to do TOO much celebrating without my side of the family so we decided to save the presents for when my parents are in town for Bryan's graduation. We did cake first and while my little girl was shy at first, once daddy helped her have a small taste she... ummm... dug right in. So, for those of you who wish they could have seen her in action, I will provide you with a play by play. (I know, how EXCITING!!)

1. innocent giraffe cake that Mommy spent far too much time on, minding his own business.
2. I wonder if this flickering thing will hurt me. We should have taken a time out and had her watch Amanda Jergensen's little girl's birthday video. Luckily Bryan was a little quicker than Cameryn's daddy. ;)
3. After Daddy giving me a little nibble from his finger I think I may taste a bite... while remaining a dignified lady, of course.
4. You know, this crap ain't bad...

5. YUMMY! I could get use to this. Is this how Mommy is going to let me eat now that I'm a big girl? I'm digging in!6. Oh yeah, bizzo! This giraffe is going DOWN! (***Note: This picture makes me giggle because she has her lip wrapped around her fingers.)
6. Oh... ummm... am I being un-lady-like? Do I have something on my face? Oopsy...
7. What have we here? An WHOLE PIECE of this cake, as they call it? I wonder if I can fit the entire thing in my little one year old mouth... 8. I believe I can. Look at me go!!! Mommy ain't got nothing on me! (***Not true. I can eat cake like no body's business.***)9. Hugs. My new best friend.

Addilyn's cake eating experience is only trumped by the Ladies' first birthday. When Kelly tried to take Grace's cake away from her (which she had one hand FIRMLY on, while eating furiously with the other) she SCREAMED bloody murder. Seriously, Bloody Murder!!!

11 comments:

Blake, Jamie & Samantha Holiday said...

How in the world do you deal with a husband that isn't in-to sweets! Blake and I have cookies AT LEAST 3 or 4 times a week! Your giraffe cake is/was ADORABLE!

Anonymous said...

So cute!still waiting to see the professional shots!

Andrea said...

I love the play by play! I was laughing out loud. Im glad she found a new friend!
Did you seriously make that cake? Is there anything you DONT do?

Matt & Brooke said...

That is so cute! I love watching kids eat cake! Happy birthday to Addi! Now when are you moving down here?

The Prigmore Family said...

Way to go Addi girl! I say start em young. As for you jen: Where are you hiding your super suit and cape? Wonder mom, professional photographer, skinny yatch, now cake baker etraordinaire? What the crap?! All kidding aside, that cake RULED! yay for you and your one year old little piglet.

Courtney said...

Ok first things first... What a cute cake!! I didn't want to see it get ruined!! And I love her dress, with a BOW!!! :) so cute!! I guess for now on we may have to start making 2 dozen cookies... we now have our girls to help us out!! :)

Tami said...

Love the cake hugging picture. I've had food so good I've wanted to hug it, too. Mmmm cake.

Natalie said...

The cake was very cute. Thanks for the play by play. I'm glad I got to see a little of what it was like since I couldn't be there.

Unknown said...

Happy 1st birthday Addi!!! I think a sweet tooth runs in the family. Love the giraffe cake Jen...too cute!!

Ashby said...

That is so cute!!! I love that you did the play by play! Happy Birthday Addi! Man, has it been a year already? Time flies!

Henricksen Family said...

wow how the heck did you find time to do that? amazingly cute! I love it. thanks for the play by play is was so funny. I now have something in common with Addilyn we can both put away some serious cake.