Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize the little things were the big things. ~Robert Brault

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Snack Time

As a new mommy once again, I have to often get the older two kids occupied doing something else so I can feed Preslee. Addilyn LOVES LOVES LOVES to "col" or color. The other day I was feeding Preslee on the couch and Addilyn came over to me looking like:

You may have to take a good look but there is marker ALL OVER her mouth. And, for those wondering, all over her lips, tongue and teeth.
Don't mind the Medusa hair. I am trying to leave it down so it will grow better. (The rubber bands break it. I usually do it- not this particular day- and leave it down but by noon it looks like she lost a fight with the light socket. Why bother?)
At least she stuck with yellow (and blue). She's really into things matching... maybe that's why? Apparently she was... hungry...? And decided to see if the markers tasted good or not. I'm thinking she thinks they were quite delightful since she has done this as least twice since then. And she's partial to blue. I don't know if it's because it's one of her favorite colors or if it just tastes better than the other colors. I'm surely not going to taste them to find out. I love this little stinker!

5 comments:

Shenna said...

I never had a problem with Madison tasting markers or eating crayons. I let the girls color the other day while I was getting some cleaning done, and when I went to check on them, Alex had little purple flecks of crayon all over her mouth and teeth. I guess leaving her alone with crayons was not the right thing to do...who knew eating crayons and markers could be so exciting?

Matt and Jennae Porter said...

Those are really cute pictures of Addi. I honestly think her hair looks cute, it that weird? I love when Savannah has "crazy hair"... it fits her personality. And I would rather my daughter put markers on her face and teeth than on my curtains, which is where they recently ended up.
What is your schedule these days? When can I come by and meet Preslee?

katie said...

Oh that little stinker-I love her too. You really need to feed her more often so she doesn't keep trying to eat makers!

Spjut Family said...

So cute, I hope they taste good. Her hair is so cute with all those curles. It adds character to see it all about. :) You make cute kids jen.

Zwick family said...

Jenny,
SHe is SOOO funny! Her and my ELlie actually look A LOT a like! My sister Tia is going to help me make a blog. I'm not too computer saavy!! Oh, and your new little one, Preslee is SOOOOo sweet. She looks like a cuddly, lovey baby. That's how our little Katelyn was and still is. I LOVE when they're like that! COngratulations and I'll talk to you soon.

Love,
Andrea