Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize the little things were the big things. ~Robert Brault

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

You Have GOT to be Kidding!!






So, my wonderful husband was nice enough to put Carter down for his nap today. Since I am normally the one to do it I remember to move the Desitin and wipes up to the top of his closet. Well... can you see where this is going?
I knew Carter was awake from his nap but I was feeding Addi so I just let him play in his room. Then.... I noticed that it was REALLY, REALLY quiet up there. As I rounded the corner at the top of the stairs I took in a strong wiff of Desitin. CRAP! As I stood with my jaw on the ground Carter met me at the door COVERED in Desitin, the now empty bottle in his hand. "All gone, Mommy." FABULOUS! Then he ran over to his carpet (heaven forbid he get it on the $50 rug that covers most of his floor) and said, "Oops... sorry. Sorry, Mommy... oops..." while pointing at the spot. Being the sweetheart that he is, Carter did try to clean up his mess with an entire container of wipes, rubbing the Desitin deeper into the carpet. Gee... thanks!
So, over to Aunt Kelly's we went to get the spot cleaner. Carter helped me clean it up. After the spot cleaner, baking soda, and a miracle cleaner that Grammie brought over, I think we got it all out. Oh the joy of 2 year olds.

10 comments:

Ashby said...

What a mess! It is amazing the things toddlers get into. One time we found Brooklyn and my niece, Carly, playing beauty shop with old puffy paint....you know the kind you can wash and it won't come off your shirt. Yeah....it was all over their clothes, them, the carpet. She has a skirt that still has orange puffy paint on it. But look on the bright side, at least it wasn't poop.

Jen and Bryan said...

why did you have puffy paint?? ;)

Missy said...

My little sh*** did that once. It is so hard to clean up cuz it is so greasy. But I can imagine how hard it is to get mad at that cute, sweet boy. Good job on teaching hugs cuz he is loving on me more and more in Nursery.

And you caught me the other day...don't be jealous of Mark's boxers. I guess I could wear those for the "Costume Character" that you suggested. I was soooooooooooooooooo embarrased. Mark thought it was hilarious. Hey, at least it wasn't my spandex.

Stew and Traci said...

Hey Jen I am pulling for you on the ice. But, I will say I am totally ticked my ice here in Queen Creek is $1.62, man I am totally getting taken to the cleaners on that one. Anyhow, I know all of us mommies could contribute a story or in my case 500. My favorite for us though was Ashlyn painting her entire room, white carpet and all, with the Magenta finger nail polish I had so readily put away (apparently she was watching) after we painted her toes. Needless to say I took up huge stock in spot shot & acetone that day.

Natalie said...

That cracks me up! Now I know what I have to look forward to!

Tami said...

Gotta love Desitin.

Bridget said...

Saw that on queencreek friends. I bet that was exciting to clean up. He looks like he had a blast though.

The Meachams said...

OH NO!!!!

That is pretty dang cute thought:)

Jessica said...

Evelyn thought Desitin was sunscreen. I feel your pain!

katie said...

On Jen-did it come out ok! That is one you'll never forget. ARe we still on for Monday night dinner? Can't wait!