Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize the little things were the big things. ~Robert Brault

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Flashback

While my mom was here and we were taking FAR too many pictures of Preslee, we took a minute to put Addilyn in this little dress. This is a dress from when I was little. It has a wonderful little story behind it too. My parents were far too poor to afford it. My mom was, I want to say, around $20 short of what it cost at this little boutique. She walked around with it, pining, while the two sales women looked on. She finally put it back, knowing they didn't have the money, when these two lovely women told her she could pay what she had and they would cover the rest. My mom LOVES this dress. They have a picture framed in their home of me wearing it, with the same dark curls and chubby cheeks that my daughter is now sporting. When I think of pictures of me when I was a toddler, the picture of me wearing this dress comes to mind. It's funny how things come full circle.

9 comments:

Tami said...

good story.

Anonymous said...

precious! More baby pictures! More baby pictures!

Courtney said...

SO CUTE! :)

Unknown said...

so sweet!! i would love to see the picture of you in the dress to see the story come full circle! (I'm being serious by the way)

Anonymous said...

how cuuute!

katie said...

DARLING!!!!

Matt and Jennae Porter said...

That is so sweet! I agree with Neal- would love to see a picture of little Jenny in the dress.

Jessica said...

She is playing with her toes the same way Grammie does!
I love the story and the dress and the photos! That is very special.

The Brown Family said...

love that story. glad you wrote it down so Addi will have it!