Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize the little things were the big things. ~Robert Brault

Saturday, September 11, 2010

First Day of Kindergarten

Carter started Kindergarten (5 weeks ago... we've already established that I'm far far behind...). He was SO excited. He has to wear a uniform (which is really nice in the mornings) and is there from 8-3. I had a MUCH harder time with him going to school than he did. When I told him (while holding back tears) that I was leaving he just kept playing at his table, didn't even look up, and said, "Ok, Mom. See you after school." WHAT?!? You don't even CARE? RUDE! So, I stood outside of his classroom and watched him for a few minutes while other parents dropped off kids and, sure enough, my little man didn't even need me. Boohoo! But I'm glad he likes it. It kills me he'll be doing this again in a few months though. Starting over. New place. No friends. Kids adjust quickly though... right?


Carter and Miss Urban. She's darling and he just adores her.
"Alright, Mom, enough with the pictures. Pull yourself together and get out of here. You're embarrassing me!" (While he didn't say that I am sure he was thinking it.)

6 comments:

Tami said...

ha! he really does look like he is thinking that in the last picture! classic.

talked to your brother today for the first time in forever. i love that guy. give him a hug for me.

Karmann said...

Wow! Time is going by so fast! Your little boy is in Kindergarten and your baby is ONE!!! What?? I swear it seems like yesterday I saw you with your cute pregnant belly!!! Yes I did say CUTE cause it was!!! Love ya!

Matt and Jennae Porter said...

That uniform!! What a stud.

Anonymous said...

how cute! And no wonder he likes his teacher...look at that ...well...I know you noticed it too...!!! :o)

Unknown said...

Too cute! Maddie was the same way with wanting me OUT of there. I still can't believe you will be moving soon....

Jessica said...

Good job Carter!
I wish Evelyn had a uniform, they are SO nice. I loved never having to choose what I was going to wear when I was a kid.
Carter looks very happy!