Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize the little things were the big things. ~Robert Brault

Friday, October 10, 2008

My Date With Carter

Those of you who have multiple children know how hard it is to have one on one time with them. Even with just my two little ones I have a hard time with this. I have noticed that especially Carter misses it. I try to take him out every now and then while Bryan is home or I have somewhere I can leave Addilyn... usually at Kelly's house. :)
Anyways, today I took him out with me to look at a new place I want to use for photo shoots. We went with a friend and her 4 year old daughter. It was SO much fun! The kids were awesome and it was great, as usual, to spend some time with my favorite little man. We really wanted to get some pictures on the railroad tracks but had to go along a bridge to get to the spot we were desiring... so... along we went. I got ONE, count them ONE picture of Carter before Janelle heard a train. He grabbed the kids and booked it off the bridge (along railroad tracks for about 50 yards) losing her daughter's hat and one of Carter's flip flops along the way. Turns out it was a train but it was the PHX metro that runs NEXT to the tracks. I tried to get Carter to go back onto the tracks with me but he would have nothing to do with it. But when we got home he was beyond excited to tell Daddy all about it. I think it sounded something like this (with TONS of arm motions to go along with it):
"Daddy, we walked... train tracks.. we heard CHOO CHOO and then we ran and the train never came and my shoe." Needless to say, I had to fill in the blanks for him. :) By the way, I did go back to retrieve the MIA shoe.






The missing shoe.

10 comments:

Melissa said...

Jen, So cute! I tagged you on my blog (the post has directions). Feel free to do it when you have time :)

Johnson said...

Great pics Jen! Your little man, Carter is a handsom boy.

Matt and Jennae Porter said...

I am obsessed with these pictures!!! They are so great! Love the backgrounds... so earthy and natural. I am going to call you this week... so be prepared... I need to pick your brain about cameras. We need a new digital camera and I'm totally lost.

katie said...

This is an awesome photo shoot place. I can't wait to go with you and my family of course for a photo shoot of our own. You are getting dang good Jen

The Upchurch Family said...

Hellooooooo! I love the missing flip flop. So cute. When are you guys coming to SD again??? You wouldn't recognize Calla...okay, so maybe you would because I post pics of her almost every day now. :o) Love you!

Sunshine said...

What a great story! And you even got the shoe back, what a mom!
Are you coming to SD anytime soon? Scott doesn't want to use our usual photographer for family portraits/Christmas card photo, but I know I could convince him to hire you!! ;-> Well???

lh said...

such great pictures! Have I already told you how funny you are and how much I like to hang with you?

Sonia said...

hey girl, it was great seeing you tonight. you do awesome work with photography. i will have to have you take some pics of my girls and i sometime soon. you have a beautiful little family. see you soon. sonia soniasluvz.blogspot.com

Danielle Harris said...

Hi Jen, Danielle Harris here stalking your blog! Your kids are getting so big! It's fun to hear your stories and get updated on your goings on. You are a truly talented photographer! I love the angles you shoot. Hopefully Chris (I mean Christopher to you Meachams) and I will get to see you guys for some holiday or something soon!

Mandy and Matt Kinsley said...

Your little family is so cute! It is nice to stay in touch with you through your blog. So nice that I have started one too... mandyandmattkinsley.blogspot.com

Love ya!