Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize the little things were the big things. ~Robert Brault

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Waiting...


Carter loves it when my parents come in town. They come a lot more now because my dad has an office here. The past week he has come twice but only over night. My mom is home with pneumonia (that's a WHOLE other story) so she didn't come. Because the trips are so quick (he wants to get back to my hacking mom) I didn't tell Carter he was coming. Well, around 8:30 the other night Carter heard Papa's voice on the answering machine. It woke him up from downstairs, (Not real sure how...) so by the time I got upstairs he was sitting up whimpering about wanting to see Papa. My dad was more than happy to come by to see him. (I had told him not to worry about coming over since the kids were already asleep and Bry was at work... just me... not real exciting...). Carter got up and sat staring out the window waiting for Papa to drive up. It was too cute. My kids are the luckiest kids in the world. A lot of kids don't even get to grow up with all their grandparents living. My kids not only get that but they have the MOST doting Grandparents EVER! They are only trumped my my dad's parents who think even our kids temper tantrums are cute.... they are SORELY mistaken. At any rate, I'm so glad my kids love all their grandparents so much and that the feeling is completely mutual.
F.Y.I.: Carter WAS cranky the next day. It was 9:30 before he got back to bed... oh well. Rules are broken for grandparents.

4 comments:

Tami said...

so cute!! though i might wait like that by the window too, if i knew your parents were coming over. :) hooray for awesome grandparents!

Matt & Brooke said...

How could you deny that!

Courtney said...

So CUTE!!! ~ hope your mom is feeling better!!

The Prigmore Family said...

SO CUTE!!!! You and I both know that your parents are totally worth waiting for! hahah. When are you coming to town next? I miss you guys!