Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize the little things were the big things. ~Robert Brault

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Swim Lessons

The kids now LOVE their swimming lessons. I have a lot more pictures than this but since these are edited because I turned them in for my photography class I thought I may as well post them. I will openly admit to being obsessed with little girl bathing suits. Addi has at least 5 bathing suits and I heart every last one of them. She loves them too. The bad thing is, when I see a cute one, I STILL stop, look, and actually consider buying it. I know... but they're SO cute!! And, yes, I'm the evil Mom who puts her little Mormon girl in a bikini. But lets be honest, how long can you wear a bikini with a tummy like that and thighs like those and still look cute? Not long enough so we gotta live it up! :) This first picture totally cracked me up. I THINK she may open her eyes under water... but I'm not 100% sure. ;) (She's swimming to the wall and grabbing it, by the way. I'm not watching her drown just to get a cute picture.)


The other day while her swim teacher was about 1/2 way across the pool Addi fell off the Baja step and into the pool. We weren't back there at the time (Bryan was in the car with Carter getting him changed) but another mom saw it happen. She yelled to the teacher but by the time the teacher got to Addi, she had flipped onto her back and was floating just like Miss Pam has shown her! It was a VERY proud moment for her teacher and surprisingly, didn't even scare Addilyn. Hopefully she learned her lesson though. She is SUPPOSE to sit on the top step while she waits her turn... not play on the Baja step. Little turkey. (Little floating turkey, though.)

9 comments:

Tami said...

that tummy is TOO cute!

Anonymous said...

super cute!

michelle said...

I totally laughed at the bikini comment and rolled my eyes... so true, so lame and so funny. She looks absolutely adorable.

I'm officially on a quest to find swimming lessons for Annabelle - the only problem is that summer in SF is freezing (our foggiest season) - it only gets really warm here in the fall.

The Upchurch Family said...

I love it! I know what you mean about little girl swimsuits. They are just so cute! Addi is a doll and I love the pic of her swimming to the wall. Very cool, Jen. Miss you guys!

Beth said...

Your killing me Jen. All these pictures are so cute! When you are ready to shoot again...I really need to have you do some pictures for us! We were soooo glad Carter came to Colbs Party!! See ya soon.

Shenna said...

LOVE the picture of her swimming.

Matt & Brooke said...

I'm a huge big bellied bikini fan and bathing suit obsessor! SO CUTE

Pam Jorgensen said...

I found your blog Jen! You are a GREAT photog! Thanks ever so much for not including a pic of me...My belly and thighs are definitely NOT cute like Addi's!!

Miss Pam is proud of our little floating chunk!!

Spjut Family said...

too cute. i love the middle picture, the one where she is dragging her towel. darling--Don't worry about swim suits. I have quite a collection myself.