Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize the little things were the big things. ~Robert Brault

Friday, June 26, 2009

And the "Worst Mom Ever" Award Goes To...

ME!! That's right. I'm the Mom who has not only NOT blogged about BOTH children's birthdays, but didn't even bother taking pictures on her wonderful husband's birthday... all of which have happened in the last month. I know, lame right? So, we're rolling both kids' birthdays into one post.
We'll start with Addilyn's second birthday. It was May31st. She's now officially two... in every single last sense of the word. She's feisty and mighty opinionated. She's also learning something new every day and absolutely hysterical and so very very darling. (Although she is the cutest when she's asleep.) For her birthday we had a Dora party with just family. I always swore I'd never be one of "those" moms. The ones who feed kids obsessions with characters. But what baby wants, baby gets. And you're only a kid once, right?

She got more Dora crap than I care to think about. Some of it WILL be getting lost in the wash... more than likely the loud annoying ones. :)
On her actual birthday we let her open her presents from us. She got some cute clippies... which she wanted to wear ALL of at one time. She also got two cute necklaces. (please excuse the bed head. She had just rolled out of bed.)
Carter's birthday was June 24th. We had a little- LITTLE- party at Runkin and Hillary's house and went swimming. He made out like a bandit. I can't believe my little guy is FOUR!! Where has the time gone? He's realizing that he can make his own decisions and doesn't always have to do what I tell him to. It's rather irritating. But, he's so very smart. He's reading and writing like a champ and SO much fun to be around. He is so eager to learn. I love watching his little personality because I feel like I get a glimpse into what Bryan was like as a little boy. He processes EVERYTHING you tell him. He takes things so literally... which makes for some interesting stories.
Like today: When we got to swim lessons the other day the people had a tree in their front yard that had a bunch of water at the base, waiting to be sucked up by the roots. Carter asked me why there was water there and I told him that the tree sucks up the water and drinks it. He said, "Yeah, because trees need water to stay alive." End of subject. So, today, when we got there the water was gone. He asked me where the "sippers" (straws) on the trees were. I was REALLY confused. I told him trees didn't have sippers. He said, "Yes they do Mom. Where are they?" I repeated that trees don't have sippers and where did he hear they do? He told me I was the one that told him they do. Ummm... don't remember doing that but ok... Then he said, "Remember, they suck up the water and drink it with sippers." Oh! Got it! So, we had the conversation about roots and what they do. (Sorry, not so quick side note, but it's a story I want to remember and it's SO Carter.)
Without further adieu, here are some pictures from Carter's birthday.



4 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy belated birthday to the kiddos and Bryan!

Shenna said...

Happy birthday to all! I can't believe that Carter's four. It sucks how quickly time flies and your kids get older...at least for me. I'm having a hard time with Maddi going to preschool in the fall.

Shenna said...

And I'd like to take back the grammatical errors in that last comment - I'm very tired.

Zwick family said...

Jenny,
YOur kids are so cute! WHen are you due with #3? We just had our little girl on March 24th. I ahve a 5 yr old boy, 2 yr. old girl and a 2 month old girl. Talk to you soon!

Andrea (Zwick) Fredric