Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize the little things were the big things. ~Robert Brault

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Grandma Great and Granky

I was so lucky growing up. I had four wonderful grandparents. Some people don't have any interactive grandparents. My mom's parents now live in Texas so we don't get to see them much. My dad's parent's, however, live in Carlsbad so every time we are in San Diego we get to go see them. They are OBSESSED with my kids (and my siblings kids, but I'm SURE they love mine the most!! :) ). Grandma is my most faithful blog reader. (Bryan gets on my case to keep the blog up so Grandma won't be sad.) I call them regularly because I just love talking to them.
Granky is so darling. He was "Grandpa" to us when we were kids but when us kids started having kids we wanted a more fun name. So, we adopted the name that Kelly used when she started talking. When she was learning to say Grandpa it came out Granky. Isn't that the cutest name?!? So, that's what all of our kids call him. I LOVE the name and it completely suits him. (We do occasionally tease him by calling him Cranky Granky, though.)
Granky starts chemotherapy today. As he starts this more-than-likely painful part of his life, I hope he knows how much we all love and adore him. Both he and Gigi have given us and our children more than we have ever deserved. They have spoiled us monetarily and emotionally and always make us feel like they live and breathe to hear from us and read our blogs and talk to our kids. When we go visit them they ALWAYS show off the kids to all of their friends. They make sure their friends know all the cute things our kids do. They always laugh at my Mommy Stories. They constantly tell me that I should publish pictures of my kids because I am just so very talented as a photographer (only a grandparent...) and because my children are so very cute. (they're right on that part!)
I could never truly tell them how much I love them and how grateful I am for all they have done for me. What a wonderful opportunity my children have had to get to know them. They are both in such great health overall so my kids know the REAL them. And my kids love them. LOVE THEM! My life would be incomplete without these two doting grandparents. Thank you for taking such an interest. It means the world to me. I love you both and we pray for you everyday... with extra prayers for Granky right now.








5 comments:

Courtney said...

What a CUTE post!! I too LOVE you grandparents... and CAN'T imagine you grandpa cranky!!! :) Those pictures turned out SO cute! :) SEE YOU SOON!

Smith Family said...

I love all of the adorable necklaces Addi is always wearing! Do you make them? She doesn't pull them and brake them?

Krissy Lowe said...

I love your Grandparents too. I will never forget the fun summer breaks we had in palm springs. :) haha...I hope all goes well for him.

Jessica said...

So sweet. We'll be praying for Granky too.

The Prigmore Family said...

Those photos are precious. Granky's in our prayers.