Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize the little things were the big things. ~Robert Brault

Sunday, February 1, 2009

There's Always Next Year


Ok, so this isn't exactly how Bryan is feeling right now but this is for sure how he was feeling a few hours ago. For those who don't know my husband, he is and has been for the past 20 years a die hard Cardinals fan... the ONLY Cardinals fan. The Cards aren't... the best NFL team. But this year their true talent came out and they made it to the Super Bowl. Bryan went to watch it with his high school buddies while I stayed home with the kids. We were "invited" to come but it was kind of one of those "You guys can come, really. It would be fun." Meanwhile in his heart he's PRAYING that we don't come and spoil his good time. I didn't mind. Today was more important than our wedding night to him and I'm ok with that. I knew when I married him that he loved football, especially the Cards. So, I just want to say that there's always next year and the fact that they made it to the super bowl was icing on the cake. The fact that they made it an awesome game is even better. They gave the Steelers a serious run for their money and next year, you never know... they may go all the way. Poor Bryan. I am going to be comforting a very depressed husband in a little bit. :)

No comments: