Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize the little things were the big things. ~Robert Brault

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Valentine's Day

When I was growing up every Valentine's we would get doorbell ditched. Waiting at the door would be candy and balloons for all of us. It wasn't until we were a little older that we realized that my Dad was NEVER home when we got visited.... but he showed up about 5 minutes later. So, when we finally figured out it was him, the game changed. We would hide in the bushes and wait at the door to try to catch him. I'm sure my mom would call and tell him where we were because he never did catch him. He would park on the street behind our house and leave it all at the back door and knock on that one and run. I don't really know why we couldn't catch him but we loved it and looked forward to it every year.
Because this is such a great tradition from my family it is one that we have carried into my family. The kids loved it this year. Addi just kept saying "balloo" and wanting the balloons. Carter was going to town on the candy. It was so fun. It's just too bad Daddy wasn't home to enjoy it.... but he got home a few minutes later. :)
(Addi was so mad that I was making her stand by the candy for a picture. I know, the nerve of me, right?)



9 comments:

Jessica said...

What a fun and cute tradition!!

Tami said...

that is such a cute idea. and i LOVE Addi's shirt!

Sheryl said...

Okay--first off congrats on expecting number three!! That is so exciting. I hope you are feeling a little better. You'll have to let me know how having three is!!

I also love the socks. Don't kids just crack you up. What a cutie.

And..fun valentines tradition. That is a very fun idea.

Courtney said...

I LOVE your Valentine tradition! So fun!... but even more, I L-O-V-E Addi's valentine shirt! SO CUTE! :)

Chris and Mari Spiker said...

This is so cute! I love that story! It was so great to meet you this past weekend, I am happy we can keep in touch via blog! xoxo

Matt & Brooke said...

A Minivan !@*$&^*($#..... got your v-day card today :) CONGRATS on baby number 3, how fun & crazy! Love that valentines day tradition, so much that I might actually steal it. Call me when you're in town....we NEED to get together!

Matt and Jennae Porter said...

Cute cute tradition. I may copy it. And congrats on #3! I just saw the post and figured you wouldn't see my comment all the way down there. You are awesome, clearly I am slacking!

The Prigmore Family said...

Oh my gosh the picture of her crying is my favorite. Love it.

Zwick family said...

Hi Jenny. This is Andrea (Zwick) Fredric. Remember me? You kids are so cute. We also have a boy and a girl and our expecting another girl in 5 weeks. Congratulations on your third one too! Talk to you soon.