Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize the little things were the big things. ~Robert Brault

Friday, February 1, 2008

My Jenny Wyett


The other night Carter and Addi were taking a bath together. (SO much fun!!) Carter started talking about how he loves "Jenny". Bryan looked a little confused and asked him, "You love Addi?" to which he replied no. He then asked Carter, "You love Abby?" and got another (annoyed) no. Carter, by this point frustrated, pointed at me and said, "I love Jenny. Jenny Wyett. MY Jenny Wyett." You know, I'll take it. I don't care that he didn't call me Mommy. If he ever wants to tell me he loves me I don't care how he says it. (We can thank the Ladies for him calling me Jenny.)
Then last night we were in the car running some errands when he started singing "Where is Thumkin" but he changed the words to "I love Jenny." It's times like these that I think, "How could I ever be angry with him. He's so sweet. But don't worry, he pulls be back to reality REAL fast. :)

10 comments:

Jana said...

Those kids are too adorable. Our girls DO look a lot alike. Gorgeous of course. :) And I too will take whatever love I can get. Call me "Mom", "Jana", whatever. :)

Matt and Jennae Porter said...

I'm so glad you found me!!! Your kids are ADORABLE. Seriously, could they be any cuter?!?! Bryson and Steve McMinn were roommates when Matt and I were dating, and Matt and Steve were best buds growing up in Delaware. Bryson is hilarious... I think Matt still has a pair of his BYU lacrosse sweatpants that he never gave back. Boys! Lets definitely get together. Look forward to catching up!

Ashby said...

How adorable are those pictures?! So fun! And great story, definitely one for the books (and blogs!).

Steve and Amanda said...

Jen- I think that Jennae Porter has you confused with our friends Bryson and Jen!!! I will let her know that it is you...but we need to see a picture of you on the blog so more people don't make this mistake!!! Anyway, thanks for the comment. The first picture ever blogged on my blog has a picture of my husband on it FYI. Your kids are either so so so cute or you have GREAT photography skills...either way you win! Love ya

Natalie said...

That's so sweet. I know I say this every time but I think your kids are so cute!

Ben said...

That is so funny!
Evelyn is always saying "Hey Ben? Can I..." It's so funny.

Bridget said...

Cute story... I just love that age, it is so fun.

Steve and Amanda said...

My Steve (McMinn) is the Steve she was talking about. Matt and Steve were best friends growing up as Jennae told you. Lucky for them, Jennae and I already knew eachother and got along really well. Bryson was actually the one who set Steve and I up. Crazy how the world works. Yes we are clear across the country, but we love it. I was just in San Diego last week. I do miss home, but Jess is out here with me!

Andrea said...

Ahhh, you are so funny. By the way, I didnt tweeze my hair out, I SHAVED it. And yes, I think our boys would get along well. Carter could call you his Jenny Wyatt and Landon could call me Mommy Lynn. I guess because Ava's middle name is Lynn, everyones is. Ava and Addi could just sit on the floor and drool and be fat. I have told Shen to start a blog many times. Maybe when she has her baby and isnt working she will. I will make her. Next time we are in Phx ill call you. peace out.

KatieB said...

hey, your photography is amazing! i met beth in the dorms and we lived together for a few years. we are very close. i went to her sealing. small world! how do you know her? el ed major??