Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize the little things were the big things. ~Robert Brault

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Happy Late Anniversary

Bryan and I hit our 5 year mark last month (on March 15th). It was a momentous day... filled with packing and cleaning in preparation for our extended trip to San Diego. We did manage to get a nice dinner our, babysitting compliments of my wonderful mother-in-law. We finally had another dinner out with my parents as babysitters (hey, gotta milk it while you can, right?) to the Melting Pot. While this dinner was NOT, I repeat NOT, on my diet, I went to TOWN! It was A-MAZING. I didn't think to snap a picture of the cheese portion of the meal. I got one of the dinner portion but by the time I remember to take one of the chocolate part, it was G-O-N-E, gone. There was a little left in the fondue pot, which I would have licked out had it not been too hot, by the time I got my camera back out but I couldn't resist snapping a picture of it.

I seriously have the most amazing husband in the world. He loves me so much and I have yet to figure out why. I remember when we were newlyweds my mother-in-law asked me if he was still perfect. My reply was, of course, yes. She asks me every year on our anniversary if he's perfect and my reply has always been, and ALWAYS will be a, enthusiastic YES! Not a day goes by that I don't thank the Lord for my sweet Bryan. I don't know what I did to deserve such an amazing man, but I am so happy to have him. It warms my heart to know that it's too late for him to back out. He's in this for eternity now! :) For those of you who don't know him, I hope that some day you will get the opportunity to meet him. I have no doubt that you will quickly see why I fell desperately in love with him. (Unless the XBox is on, in which case you will only get a muttered, "Hi. Nice to meet you.")

8 comments:

Courtney said...

I have no idea what you are talking about with the XBOX, Ryan is nothing like that!! :) We miss you guys so much!! Hope things are going good. Talk to you soon!

Johnson said...

Happy Annviersary Jen. I'm so glad you married a wonderful man. I married a great one too. It makes life easy with a good man!

The Prigmore Family said...

Excuse me?! What is this melting pot place and WHY have we not been properly introduced? Cheese and chocolate...my everyday staples. Happy Anniversary to you, Bryan, and xbox 360.

Matt and Jennae Porter said...

You are amazing. I don't care how perfect Bryan is, he's still lucky to have you! And don't let him forget it! =)

Claydens said...

Happy 5 years!

KatieB said...

we hit melting pot last night with my in-laws, always fun! i loved the pictures you took of jennae et al. so cute!

Momma Malia said...

happy anniversary guys. and good choice on the melting pot. mmmmmm...chocolate!

Shenna said...

Happy anniversary! Wow...I remember when you first met. What fun memories! :)