Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize the little things were the big things. ~Robert Brault

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Worst-Mom-Ever Award


I know what you're thinking: "No, Jen, in fact, you are a WONDERFUL mom because you took your children to the happiest place on earth; DISNLEYLAND!"
What if I told you that I actually went to Disneyland with Bryan and my parents and brought the kids back shirts? What if I also told you that while I was there I saw COUNTLESS mothers trying to control out of control kids, cranky kids, and tired babies. Every time I saw one of these moms there was a happy little place in my heart that my kids were far far away from me at home. :)
BUT, there were several times that Bryan and I said how excited we are for the day that the kids are old enough. It was just such a different experience without them. We even went over to California Adventure for a few hours. If you ever go there, you MUST, I repeat, MUST go on Soaring over California. It was seriously like flying. Make sure you sit in the front row. It is one of the most awesome rides in the whole world! Back at Disneyland, we didn't have to wait in any lines longer than 30 minutes. Aside from Indiana Jones, we only waited 5-15 minutes per ride. We had such a blast and one of these days, we'll take the kids with us. :)

6 comments:

Jana said...

You are a smart mommy. We took the kids to Orlando for a week in October nad are doing it again in 2 weeks. After the October trip, we vowed not to ever do it again. But after a few more months of this FREEZING winter in Pittsburgh, we are going again. CRAZY!!! And I need to be better about posting more. I just got all caught up on yours and you are one active mommy!!! I love it.

The Brown Family said...

I am SO with you on this! People always rush into taking their kids and say they should have waited another 2 years! How fun for you guys to go and enjoy the rides together. Can't wait to see you soon!! Miss you!

Missy said...

SOARING is my fave too. How fun!You are so funny...and so SMART! I took my 5 for the first time to D'Land when they were 6 & under...it was a NIGHTMARE. Babies & Amusement Parks are no fun. We finally got brave enough (4 years later) and took the kids again last year...a Boy Trip and then a Girl Trip, older = much better!

Tami said...

I love SOARING too. One of my all time faves. Along with Tower of Terror. We were just there on Thursday. Took both kids on Soaring for the first time and they LOVED it. And I must say - my boys are 4.5 and 2.5 (both tall enough for most rides) and they LOVE it. We are loving taking them to Disneyland at this age. It really is magical and has created some of our favorite family memories so far. I don't think I'd ever take a baby, though. It also helps when you have annual passes so you don't feel like you have to do EVERYTHING in one day - which equals all those cranky kids you saw.

Elise said...

This is awesome! We would totally do the same thing-- little tiny kids don't appreciate it anyway. The shirts are too cute!

Davis Family said...

I am glad you are waiting, we took Gavin just a couple months ago and he could barely handle it! i want to go back without him and go on Space Mountain all day long! Soaring over Cali was the best, this is lame, but it made me cry!! I know that is lame, but I have just always wanted to fly!