Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize the little things were the big things. ~Robert Brault

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

My Beautiful Sister

This morning Bryan's sister, Nellie, let me snap a few pictures of her. I borrowed a friend's flash and 2 lenses and wanted someone (who would cooperate) to smile for me. I figured since she is a senior in HS and needs pictures anyway, why not make her do it? She was such a good sport. Plus, it was a great chance to spend some quality time with her (and she got to skip a few hours of school... bonus for her)
Aside from being one of the most beautiful girls I know, Nellie is absolutely amazing. She has NO CLUE how pretty she is, she has the most darling personality, she laughs at my lame jokes, she will actually be seen with me in public (most teenagers won't), and most of all, she adores my children. (how could you not?!?!) She is one of the three best babysitters in the world. (tied with her cute sisters, of course!) I seriously love spending time with Nellie. Even though there is a little age gap (I probably seem like an old fart to her) we are really close. We laugh and talk in silly voices. I tease her about the boys she has crushes on (and that have crushes on her). We make fun of people (but not in a bad way). We do puzzles together.
I must say, I secretly love it when my mother-in-law doesn't let my sisters go out while we are over there because then they HAVE to hang out with me. While I know this isn't much fun for them, I always have a blast. All three of the "Little Girls" are so wonderful. Maybe I can steal away the other two sometime for a little photo session. :)


This is my personal fave... it shows the real Nellie. :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Beautiful photos! Is this the Mesa Art Museum?

Bridget said...

She is gorgeous and her photos turned out so nice. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving.

Unknown said...

Happy Thanksgiving!! Soo now that you are a pro with pics, when is it my turn to have you practice with my little kiddos?? J/K

Annie Ruden said...

The site that puts your blog into a book is http://www.blurb.com
It takes some work to put it all together. I'm going to start working on mine after the new year. Have fun!

Natalie said...

I agree! I have the most beautiful sisters! Great photos Jen.

Jana said...

Great pics. And I just finished reading through some posts that I have missed. You crack me up. I am still lol!! :)

Anonymous said...

Haha! Jen, you crack me up!!! I always love spending time with you! You are so beautiful and so freakin...uhhhh....I mean so stinkin funny! Some of my favorite memories are with you! Like putting puzzles together, silly voices, and, the most recent one, having you take pics of me! That was so sweet of you. Thank you so much! I had so much fun. Lets put together another puzzle soon okay? Oh and I think the pics turned out great! Thanks again big sis! Love ya! Nell Bell