Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize the little things were the big things. ~Robert Brault

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Big Girl Room

Before the baby comes (in 48 hours!!) we have been trying to get Addilyn's "big girl" room done. It has turned out really cute. I still want to get some more accessories, a tree for the corner, and I need to get pictures in frames (obviously because of the store pictures in some frames) but all in all, it's getting there. I had an interior designer friend lead me in the right direction and an awesome and VERY reasonably priced girl do the pillows and window treatment. One of the reasons I love it is because it will work for her until we move. It's not too juvenile. She's having a little trouble staying in bed when it's time for sleep but I think we have found the trick. We just have to mention the "c" word and she cries and stays in bed. "Addi, do we need to put you in the baby CRIB?" We've been telling her what a big girl she is so the baby crib is a four letter word around her. She looks so little in her big bed though. I remember thinking the same thing when we changed Carter into his bed. They grow up so fast! :) (and they're only 4 and 2!!)






So cute!!

10 comments:

Courtney said...

I LOVE it!! The pillows turned out GREAT! and totally add to the room!

The Prigmore Family said...

Ummm when can I move in? Seriously.

Tami said...

HOLY COW. that room is GORGEOUS!!! i would gladly live in it. let alone a 2 year old. I LOVE the blue for a girl. it's so sassy and chic. i'm so jealous. WELL DONE.

Melissa said...

That room is beautiful!!! Can you come over and do ours too?!? :) I agree with the other posters...I'll gladly live in that room! When are you moving?

Unknown said...

love it! but really only 2 days left? that went so fast!! good luck with everything!

Unknown said...

only 1 more day!!!! So exciting!
xxoo,
MBA

Spjut Family said...

so sweet!

Sheryl said...

Wow! Congrats on the new baby :) Can't wait to see photos.

I love the room--it is so cute. It looks lie a real big girl room--not just a toddler. Good that it will last for a while.

Henricksen Family said...

I Love it! I am so inspired I can't wait to do Sienna's room. Great job you are such a great decorator.

Anonymous said...

So beautiful...but I don't get "until you move" Are you moving?