Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize the little things were the big things. ~Robert Brault

Monday, July 27, 2009

Horrible Mom Alert

Yesterday we were at my in-laws for dinner. Towards the end of dinner Carter came up to me with juice all the way down his shirt (we're talking a FULL glass) and said, "Mom, do we have any Clorox?" Clorox... hmmm... wonder where he got that. "Not with us buddy but we'll put something on it so it doesn't stain your shirt." As Bryan took his shirt off him I asked him if he told Carter to ask me for Clorox. Nope. Not him. I asked my mother-in-law. Nope. Not her. Strange. Oh well. I'm sure someone told him to come ask me for Clorox for his shirt. About an hour later when we were leaving with his juicy shirt in hand he asked me again. I told him that I would get it clean and not to stress about it. Then I asked him where he learned about Clorox. "On TV." Wow. That's a blow to the mother that I thought I would never become. We'll chalk this one up to being a week from delivery and beyond exhausted. Yes, my children watch more TV than they should right now.

2 comments:

The Scott's said...

Ha. That is so funny. Good thing, you're not the only one. One week?!! You're going to make it! Take care.

Anonymous said...

I think I can top it- I asked Jax what we should have for dinner and he said, "Wendys! Eat great, even late!"