Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize the little things were the big things. ~Robert Brault

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Change

I'm sure all of my faithful readers (which is only my dear, sweet Grandmother) have noticed I've been a little MIA for a while. We have had a LOT going on. On top of my time intensive calling with the young women (which I LOVE LOVE LOVE), being the busy mommy of three, starting school/preschool, trying to get my tooshie in shape, and taking a photography class, Bryan and I have been doing a LOT (L.O.T.!!) of praying. We have had several opportunities to buy into different practices here in Phoenix. None have felt right. Bummer... Then, about a year ago some close friends told us about an opportunity in Colorado. I have nothing against Colorado... never thought I'd live there, but I hear it's a nice place. As the year went on we took the idea more seriously leading to a few trips up there to meet with owners/potential partners, etc. I FELL IN LOVE with Colorado Springs. It reminds me of Poway. (just in the feel of the place... not the weather. :)) About 2 weeks ago, Bryan got a call from a guy who was looking to sell his practice. We prayed about it, went to the temple, prayed some more, flew up, prayed some more, looked into it, prayed some more, and then finally agreed to it. After we wrote a big, fat check we got in the car and I immediately burst into tears.... and didn't pull it together for at least 30 minutes. Since Wednesday when this happened I have cried more than I thought possible. I cried when I told my presidency. I cried while listening to Bryan tell his Mom (that was a hard one!!), I cried when I told the Bishopric member over the Young Women, I cried when I told the Young Women, I cried while telling friends, I cried while discussing it with friends that knew it was coming... BUT, I am SO excited! I am excited for what opportunities lie ahead. I'm excited to have Bryan home a million times more than he currently is. I'm excited to try another place. I'm excited to drive around and stare at the Rockies!! I'm excited to grow closer to my little family. I'm excited to decorate another home. I am going to miss Arizona SO SO much! I have made the best friends EVER while I've lived here. I have grown so much as a person. Bryan and I have started our lives here together as well as had three children. There are far too many memories to list in a single blog and I'm sure the tears will not stop coming for probably another 2 years until we are beyond settled in Colorado. I just wish I could transplant all the people I love here up there... to enjoy the amazing summers and suffer with through the snowy winters. But I can't... trust me... I've more than begged some of them to come with me. So, beginning November 1st, Bryan will be up there working away while I tie up loose ends here. I hope to be up there with the kids by Thanksgiving. Change is a good thing... right?

Isn't it beautiful?


Not real sure how I'm going to handle this... this will be the first winter EVER where Bryan or I will have a white Christmas... wish us luck!

24 comments:

Tami said...

that will be a big change - but i bet you will love it! some of my best friends from college were from Colorado - and i loved it there.

good luck with the move and all the craziness that goes along with it!

Anonymous said...

well shucks. That stinks. And it's awesome...so there you go! The adventure part sure sounds great though, and you guys will find your niche just as easily as here!

bethany said...

What a change! How exciting! I'm sure it's so nice to figure out where you'll be spending the years ahead! Looks beautiful (just fyi-kids from Phoenix have a hard time with the whole "wearing shoes" thing. that's been one of our biggest fights here-jak wants to wear flip flops in the dead of winter!)

Smith Family said...

Wow! What news! You're so brave! What an adventure you guys are going on! You will be missed and loved by everyone here and just think of all those lucky Colorado people that get to know you!

michelle said...

Wow! Congratulations! I have a couple friends who live in Colorado Springs, both lived in San Francisco when their husbands were dental students. So if you ever meet Courtney Stutznegger or Mandy Eames, give them a huge hug for me.

Blake, Jamie & Samantha Holiday said...

Oh my, don't yall feel so grown up making big decisions like that! I'm excited for you! It will be such a growing experience to just be with your little family and build a life in a new city...it'll be great!

Beth said...

I was in tears reading your news! I am so happy for you guys, and I totally get all the crazy mixed emotions. Colorado?!! I am so jealous! What a beautiful place to live. I can't wait to hear more about it! Miss ya!

Jamie said...

You made me cry a little too when I read this! That is so awesome/scarry all at the same time. You are a super fun/sweet person who brings sunshine wherever you go - CO is so lucky!

Jessica said...

SO SO SO beautiful! Very exciting Jen! And I've learned it's a good thing to cry so much to leave a place, it means you put your whole heart into it.
We'll have to set a date and come and visit!!!

Anonymous said...

PS- I know it's crossed your mind that the scenery for photography will be SO MUCH BETTER THERE!! And the market will be way less saturated...hike up the prices and finally get what you're worth!

Wendy said...

Oh, change like that is exciting and sad at the same time. You'll love it in the end. Good luck and know I will still be following your blog. Can't wait to see the amazing pictures you take in Colorado!

Matt and Jennae Porter said...

I am so sad we didn't hang out more (ok, ever) while you were living here. Crappy friend I am. I have heard nothing but great things about Colorado Springs (and Colorado in general). Any place that reminds you of Poway has to be a wonderful place. Hopefully we'll both be "home" during some holiday so I can see you and your cute kiddos, and so you can take our pictures down at the Winery (this has been on my wish list for a while!!). Best of luck during the move!

Jason and Kate said...

Oh dang! I wanted you to take our pictures this year but I'm sure you will be so busy. You will love CO! I'm super jealous of the white Christmas. What a great opportunity! I'm glad you guys feel good about it. Change is always difficult but in a year or so you will totally feel that it is perfect!

The Brown Family said...

oh please, it's not beautiful (okay, maybe just a little). i really don't even think I am ready to talk about this. The news still hasn't settled in. You (and your sweet family) will be missed by the Browns more than you know!

Karmann said...

Man-Another one leave Cortina!!! You are going to be so missed Jen!!! You are such a sweet, darling, loving, fun, wonderful girl and Colorado is so lucky to have you! I am so glad that we have blogs so that we can keep in touch and others still in Cortina can see what you are up too! I know how it feels to cry and cry and cry but also be excited because you know that you are doing what the LORD wants you to do. That alone is so very comforting. I will keep you and your family in my prayers as you start this process of moving. I love you tons!!!!

Ruth P said...

This is crazy/exciting news! I don't like people leaving Cortina, but I am so excited for your next adventure! The pictures look amazing! We will miss you tons!

Momma Malia said...

i know clint and bryan have been talking about this for awhile. but for what it's worth, i'm very excited for you guys! what a beautiful place to live, and although it will be hard to leave your network of family and friends, you guys will be able to create a new network there and i'm sure you will love it! and now there's a reason to visit colorado! there's a race i want to do sometimes up Pike's Peak, so pencil it in:)

Kaci said...

What do you mean the best friens EVER. You know you met the best way back when, when you met me! (don't worry, I know thats what you were thinking, but didn't want to offend any of your "new" friends by admitting it!) Love you Jen... your family will be blessed, and your love for eachother will multiply by the millions with just yourselves to depend on! Keep me posted on all your adventures! (and don't worry, I'm a closet reader... on hear all the time, you just don't know it!)

Jen and Bryan said...

Kac, no one can replace you... you know that. FAR too many inside jokes. I could still find my way around your house (and your back yard) with my eyes closed! I'm glad I have closet readers. Love you and your fam!!

Cheryl said...

What? You are backing out on coop, maybe I won't bring you the 1/2 stick, JK. I LOVE Colorado. It is one of the most beautiful places on earth. You will love it and it has such great people, culture and scenery. It is a perfect place for a young hip family. I will miss you but am excited for you!

Henricksen Family said...

Congratulations! That is a big decision and I am so glad it worked out for you. You will love Colorado and be great there. Congrats again!

Rachel said...

So funny you mention being MIA from your blog, because I also have been MIA from visiting it for a long time! P.S. in case you're wondering who Rachel is, I'm Eric's wife so we're practically cousins :)

Anyhoo, I could not be more excited for you to move to Colorado Springs! First you live in AZ close to where my fam lives right now (and yes I know, we sucked at ever visiting you..), BUT Colorado Springs is where I grew up! I LOVE LOVE LOVE it there and hope to be able to live there again in the future. It is a great family-oriented and religious area, I know you will love it. And like you already noticed, it is absolutely gorgeous. Arizona is amazing and I know getting used to the winters will be quite the transition, but the scenery has so much more to offer than AZ (in my biased opinion at least!). Anyways, congrats!

Alyssa Elledge said...

I can SO relate to your mourning...it is literally like someone has died isn't it? Well, I feel your pain! When we moved up to Utah I sobbed on and off the whole way up here. But I am also so excited for you guys! I hope that as soon as you get up there and get settled that you will fall in love with it! It will be so fun to have seasons and great summer weather. Best luck with the packing and all the things on your to do list!!!

Claydens said...

YOU WILL LOVE IT! Hands down one of the best places to live:) I never lived there, but I have lived in Denver for 6 years and it is heaven on earth. Even the snow!