Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize the little things were the big things. ~Robert Brault

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Coolest Thing EVER

As mentioned in the previous post, my friend Jaime TOTALLY hooked us up at the San Diego Wild Animal Park. We took the kids to feed the giraffes on the safari tour. You have to be six... minor problem since Carter just turned 5 and Addilyn just turned 3. So, we had an impromptu birthday party for my "twins". We told Addilyn that she was 6! Carter understood why he had to... fib. We had her completely trained: "Addilyn, how old are you?" "SIX!" So, off to the giraffes we went. The kids did great. They weren't even scared. The giraffe that we fed was 2 years old and his name was Maliki (I think?). He was a little pushy and clearly NOT scared of people. He also wanted every last leaf he could smell. It was a once in a lifetime experience. And, Jaime, you're welcome for not showing any preggo pictures of you in your fancy little work uni. I DO have some so you best be nice to me! :)
Addilyn, giggling with delight as the giraffe snagged the leaf from her hand.
It's scarier than it looks. I was giggling... but it was a nervous giggle.
Kelly making eyes at her new friend.
He really had Grace backed into a corner. She thought it was awesome, of course.


Abby and her toothless grin.

See, Evelyn, purple tongues! Just like Aunt Jen told you! ;)
These guys were B.I.G.!! They are only 2 years old. I love the way they have to eat. So cute, huh? Too bad we weren't allowed to pet them.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Evelyn just smiled when she saw you wrote to her on your blog. Hannah said, "But I WOVE purple. I wove all of the cowors in the world." Fun times!