Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize the little things were the big things. ~Robert Brault

Monday, March 9, 2009

Hmmm...

When Carter gets home from preschool he has some quiet time. Before quiet time he goes potty. So, today he went in, peed standing up, and then spent about 5 minutes cleaning up all the pee that didn't make it into the toilet (I'm guessing somewhere between 75-80% of it).
Anyways, I came in to check on him as he was finishing up and putting the seat back down. He asked me, "Mommy, which part of the toilet do you sit on?" I told him I sit on the seat and not the bottom part. He asked why we sit on the seat and not the bottom part, to which I reminded him of when he fell completely into the toilet a week ago because he sat on the bottom part instead of the seat and his bum was too small for that part. (Seriously, his shirt was soaked in pee/poopy water. Sick!) He then said, "But, Mommy, you could sit on the bottom if you wanted to because you have a big bum." I started laughing... because it's that or you cry, right? What woman, let alone PREGNANT woman, wants to hear that? He looked confused and said, "Do you have a big bum, Mom?" "What do you think, Carter? Do I?" He smiled and confidently said, "Yep! You do!" No comment.

9 comments:

Andrea said...

awesome. Im laughing out loud.

Anonymous said...

Well, if this pregnancy follows the pattern of your last two, then you will be smaller with "third and Final" than with either C. or A....that means your bum has probably shrunk since you got pregnant! Maybe Carter needs glasses?!?! :o)

Tami said...

oh man - i am laughing out loud. kinda like when Jake told me after the baby was born - Mom you still have kind of a fat stomach.

Ashby said...

Kids are so harsh sometimes. But it didn't stop me from laughing. Sweet Carter.

Natalie said...

Don't you love kids! One of my primary kids asked me if I was pregnant again. Great.

The Prigmore Family said...

out of the mouth of babes. I think you're bootylicious. love yoU!

Nursemelanie said...

Jenn!!! You're pregnant...apparently I'm a little behind...congrats! Glad I found your blog. Funny story...kids are so darn honest..can't they keep their thoughts to themselves :)

Unknown said...

awesome. just what you want to hear when you are pregnant. maddie tells me all the time about how I have "big boobies."

Chelsea Bevans said...

Ok Jen...I am laughing so hard! Taeler's said her fair share about me too! Kids are just to honest! So funny though!