Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize the little things were the big things. ~Robert Brault

Saturday, March 14, 2009

La Jolla Shores

I grew up in San Diego. While people always mentioned how great the weather was and how no where else in the world was as beautiful (as far as the weather goes) I thought they were exaggerating a tad. After time at BYU (which I hear have fairly mild winters compared to other parts of the country?!?!?) and living in Phoenix (pretty sure it's THE hottest place on earth), I finally believe it. EVERY time I go home the first thing I think is, "Why am I not living here? Why am I not giving my children the same opportunity that I had growing up with this weather?" And the beach... just the smell of San Diego... I love it. I absolutely LOVE it.
Anyways, this was the first time we have actually taken the kids to the water to play. We always go to the beach but we BBQ or watch the sunset, something like that. The kids have just been a little small. But they had a BLAST! Especially Carter, in case you can't tell from the pictures. We did have to explain to him that he couldn't "fall in" the ocean the way you fall into a pool. :) Anyways, here are some pictures from our day out.

Hey, these things are pretty handy. (With this girl, it doesn't matter the accessory. She'll wear it all.)
Carter drove home in just his undies...





GRANKY: THIS IS FOR YOU!! Remember when I was pregnant with Carter and we went to Gapetto's by your house? We knew we were having a boy and I saw this "Digger." I wanted it SO badly but we had no money. You just laughed and rolled your eyes saying by the time the baby was old enough we wouldn't even care about it. Well, that toy stays at Nona and Papa's house and all of the kids LOVE IT! HA! Take that! :) These pictures will show you just how much everyone (and I mean EVERYONE) is enjoying it.
I saw a quote at a store the other day that said, "When I grow up I want to be a little boy." Isn't that how every man is? Sad thing is, SO many actually succeed at that goal! (isn't he cute?!?)

4 comments:

Shenna said...

I love the beach pictures! It makes me even more excited (if that is even possible) for our trip there this summer. Lucky me for marrying into a family that camps out there every year!

Jessica said...

I can sooo see Ben doing the same thing. Brad too. Actually I could even picture Dru doing it.
Love the pics!

Courtney said...

Those pictures turned out SO good! They make me want to go and visit the beach... ASAP!!! The digger does look like a lot of fun! :)

Chris and Mari Spiker said...

I LOVE your photos...they all come out so wonderful!! I agree about the CA weather, growing up in UT I definitely miss the seasons, but I love that its always just "nice" here.