Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize the little things were the big things. ~Robert Brault

Saturday, October 13, 2007

Blasted Skunk!

I would like to preface this with: I realize how unimportant this is in the big picture... even in the small picture, but I am a scrapbooker so every last detail of my kids' lives are documented in pictures, so I am anal.

Carter was the cutest Tom Arma bear for his first Halloween. We spent too much money on this knowing that we would have each of our kids wear it their first Halloween. So, 2 moves later, this costume is NOWHERE to be found. ANNOYING!!!!
So, I have been on the prowl for months for the PERFECT costume for Addi for Halloween. I REALLY wanted her to be a bunny. Not just any bunny, but the Tom Arma bunny. It's seriously the CUTEST thing ever and rabbits were my fave growing up. But this costume was far too expensive so my darling hubby put his foot down. After searching every store around I finally decided to jump into the world of ebay. I have never bought/sold anything on ebay so I was not real experienced in this whole thing. I'm more of a craigslist girl.


Anyways, the bunny outfits were all over $100 on ebay so I finally settled on this cute skunk costume. How freaking cute is that?


I payed nearly full price for it (absurd, I know). I had a great plan of making some really cute bows to tie on the ears or the tail or the hair.


So, I get it in the mail and there's no freaking head!!!!!!! I'm not kidding. There's no head! So, it looks like a... cat? It's still so cute but needless to say, I was beyond bummed. When I got back on ebay to look at the costume again it does say at the bottom of the page that she lost the head of the costume. Like I mentioned before, I have never done ebay before so I didn't know to look for a description.


After spending the evening in tears (yes, I still realize that this isn't a big deal and I shouldn't even care) and ripping the house apart looking for Carter's bear costume, I was still just as frustrated as I was when I opened the skunk package.


Bryan (I think because he was sick of dealing with me) decided for us that we would ebay the headless skunk and buy the other cute bunny that I wanted for Addi. So, she is going to be the world's most expensive bunny (unless we can actually sell the headless skunk) for Halloween. I better get some cute pictures of her in this little bunny costume!!! (It's pretty cute, huh?)

9 comments:

Jason and Kate said...

Oh the traumas we go through for the right Halloween costumes. I always spend hours searching for the "best" costume for me. What will happen when I have to worry about what my kids will be? I'm doomed!

The Prigmore Family said...

I feel your pain! Last year we had a darth vader costume and my kid was so friken sick we couldn't even celebrate halloween. This year we bought a koala costume and the hat totally makes the outfit and Luke refuses to wear the hat without meltdown occuring. It just looks like he's wearing a grey sweatsuit. Looks like I'll be wearing the koala hat this year. Got to get my money's worth.
Have you thought about altering the headless skunk for your dog to wear? I bet you could do it and it'd be so funny!

Momma Malia said...

Defintely cute. And I totally get the big deal that costumes are. Clint won't spend more than $10 on a costume, but I want Brailyn to be Minnie Mouse from the Disney Store (she has a Minnie Doll). Anyway, I don't want to resort to the too big pirate costume my mom has, but unless I find something else or sneak the Minnie costume...

Tami said...

Ha, good story. Gotta love that husband of yours for doing what it takes to keep you happy :).

Stew and Traci said...

Ok I am so sorry, but I laughed the entire time I was reading this, only because I wanted Ashlyn to be the Tom Arma Monkey her 2nd halloween, she was still way to little to even sit up for her first, anyhow I too couldn't think at all of spending that kind of money, but man I wanted it. As for the ebay thing, that is so something that would happen to me, another reason yet again why I laughed. Last but not least, you are one of my favorites for helping me get a good stress relieving giggle in. Oh how I love you! Too funny Jen, good luck she will be darling!

Bridget said...

I had a horrible experience with my first ebay purchase too. I am glad you got the costume you wanted though. Talan is going to be a turtle, I got it at babystyle. It is so cute. I just wish he was crawling for it, but only just for Halloween he can than go back to just sitting.

The Brown Family said...

yeah - Halloween is over-rated! Holly cries everytime I put her costume on her. I am praying she will wear it to a halloween party we were invited to and again on Halloween. if not, i have a back-up black and orange outfit. Can we just skip to Thanksgiving please!!!

Natalie said...

I wish I could be there to see her in it!

The Prigmore Family said...

OMG! Who is this Tom arma and why isn't he my boyfriend?!! I was happy in ignorance jen! Now after seeing his stuff I am making plans to earn money. Anybody want to buy a slightly used kidney? Anybody?