Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize the little things were the big things. ~Robert Brault

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

The Mangum Family

Here is a little clip from CNN about a family in Poway. They have been in my parents ward for over 20 years and we grew up with their 3 daughters. What CNN didn't mention is that the Gale kids (the ones interviewed) are living with their aunt and uncle, Jeff and Chris Mangum, because they lost their parents not too long ago. Can you even imagine going through that and then having your home burn down? What troopers. Click here to watch the short video CNN did. (By the way, I went to Poway High-- which has gotten a MAJOR face lift since I graduated!)

4 comments:

Ashby said...

Oh my goodness, that video just broke my heart! How are your parents doing? I hope their house wasn't affected. My brother went down to California a week ago to do a report for the BYU Daily News. He met a few LDS members from Poway and went with them to check on their house. The whole thing is so tragic. My prayers are with your friends and family members!

Tami said...

Funny how Poway and our alma mater has gotten a few minutes of fame from this. Too bad it had to be for such a sad story. Thanks for the clip, Jen.

The Prigmore Family said...

My heart! I went to drop off donations the other day in RB (big mistake driving myself) I was bawling so hard I couldn't even answer the guy when he asked what kind of items I had brought b/c snot was pouring out of my nose. There was a family with a one year old boy that lost their house and I lost it when I saw them. Be glad you are in AZ right now. Can I come visit?

San Tan Bullies--Johnson Family said...

Hi Bryan and Jen,
I haven't seen you guys for forever. I saw your parents blog from Kayci Barnes blog. Your family is so cute. Jen I am so glad that your family is alright. I just wanted to say hello! We live in Georgia now! I would love to keep in touch. Our families blog is ryanjohnsonfamily.blogspot.com if you ever want to see what we are up to. Bryan that is great you are almost done with dental school. How exciting!
-Ryan and Jennifer Johnson