Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize the little things were the big things. ~Robert Brault

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Update from the Family

My parents are still in good shape but found out another couple in the ward they are good friends with lost their home. (Minkums) As I mentioned, my parents were able to check out our home. They literally had to hide form the cops and ended up getting caught. The police man told them they have big problems with identity theft in times like these because so many houses are deserted. People break in and steal credit card statements, etc. So, he took down their license plate number and told them they will be arrested if they come back again before they are allowed to. I know, MY parents, almost arrested!! What rebels! :)

Here is an update from my Uncle Cory and his girlfriend, Lexine. As far as I know they are still in their home down by the stadium (as of 7:00pm).

Dear All, Things remain pretty calm right here -- meaning the 92123 zip code,specifically -- and right now: Tuesday at just before 3:00 p.m. And at least a few evacuated folks around SD are now allowed to go home, we are told, so perhaps things are settling down(?). It nevertheless remains very hot and dry, and the winds keep changing. But I might venture a run to the grocery store. Cabin fever! Jen, couldn't figure out how to post on the blog, but invite you to do so with these if you like. I'll write again if anything changes significantly; otherwise please assume we're fine and operating pretty much on the same news you're getting. Playing Scrabble and puttering as we listen to the radio.... C&L

First Status Message: Family Members and Far-flung Friends, Lexine and I are just fine right now -- noon on Tuesday -- secure and unsinged in our cozy and well-prepared home. But fire rages on three sides, within just a dozen or so miles in one case, and a change in the winds will send embers across miles in but a gust or two.... We remain under constant watch for potential evacuation, for which we are well-prepared with Lex's van and our Burning Man gear at the ready.Jenny, would you kindly post this on your blog for the family members I've missed in distribution? Thanks. I'll check in again soon. In the meantime, we ask that you do not call us, as we need to leave the land line open for potential incoming reverse 911 and have also been asked to lay off the cell phones. So, get this: Let's keep in touch here on the net, maybe via Jenny's blog, if I can find the address.... Ye Gods.I'm suddenly very grateful for this stupid computer I hate so much.More soon. Gotta check the news. Love you all and thanks so much for your concern and well wishes. C&L

2 comments:

Tami said...

Ha, that's hilarious about them almost getting arrested! Classic. Chris and Lesley mug shots. That cheers me up.

HEIDI said...

Hey Jen, I "happened" upon your blog today. Wow, I bet your family is going to have some amazing stories. Hey, email me at heiditutton@hotmail.com and I can invite you to my blog too! Your baby is sooo adorable.