Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize the little things were the big things. ~Robert Brault

Tuesday, October 2, 2007

San Diego in the Fall

Last weekend we all headed to San Diego to visit my parents and grandparents. It was so much fun and while it was a short weekend, quite relaxing! I loved it that my mom's parents got to meet Miss Addi-cakes and see Carter again. (He was about Addilyn's age last time they saw him.) As always, it was also so much fun to see my parents, as well. I just wish we had been there longer.
4 generations of women!



Granny and Gramp (my mom's parents) were visiting from Texas so we made a special trip out there to see them. It's not every day a kid gets to hang out with their great grandparents!


Grandma Great and Granky (my dad's parents) had us over for dinner on evening. Our kids are so lucky to have all 4 of their great grandparents alive on my side! (and 3 on Bryan's!!) I love having them so close to my parents. Every time we get out to Poway we make sure to pay them a visit. No one loves our kids the way they do. They also love to show them off to their friends. (Isn't it nice when someone else will brag about your kids?!?)
We spent Saturday morning at Bates Nut Farm (affectionately known as "Nate's Butt Farm"). It was so much fun!! There was a tractor-train ride, a petting zoo, and all kinds of fun shops.

Mr Llama needs to visit Bryan's dental chair... :)Yes, those are the goat's buck teeth you see. Seriously, Bryan should go into the animal dental field (if there is such a thing)... he'd make a killing! Carter had so much fun feeding the animals. I love it that he doesn't know to be a little frightened of them yet. He was all about sticking that little hand right in there with some food on it. The goat was nice and gentle with him. :)Daddy's little shadow. Boy, does that kid love his Daddy!
Ultimately, Carter did decide that hay doesn't taste all that well. :)

While my dad always has fun with the kids, he got particularly attached to Addilyn this trip. She is the SWEETEST baby ever. It did help that he threw out his back the day before we arrived so he couldn't wrestle with Carter. Because of this, he had more time to cuddle with his new little granddaughter. I must say that I think the affection was mutual. She was never stingy with her smiles when Papa was around! I loved to watch them interact.

9 comments:

BK Barnes said...

Some nice photos here Jen. Congrats on the up close, fun perspectives, and imaginative shots. --Bruce

Tami said...

Oh my gosh - that picture of your dad and Addi... so precious! I freaking love him. (who doesn't? - I've decided I'm due for a visit) And all those great grandparent shots - those will be pretty special later on in life. We just visited some of our kids great grandparents, but I didn't get any good pics like that. Hopefully next time. Great to see the fam, Jen.

Unknown said...

Your kids are soo lucky to have almost all of there great-grandparents alive... ours have one left. You take the cutest shots Jen... I have a favor. How much would you charge to take some nice pictures of my little ones. I don't have a good 2-year old picture yet of Madison. Please, please, pretty please, with sugar on top!!!

Ashby said...

So cute Jen!!! I love those pictures of Addi with the great-grandparents, and especially the one of your dad holding her! Looks like you had a great time! Tell your parents I said hi!

Bridget said...

Cute pics...I love the generation pic, that is so sweet. Your family is adorable.

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! Check out the photographer!!!

The Meachams said...

These pictures are AWESOME!!!

Seriously...Tag needs you to take some pics of him :)

I absolutely LOVE the pic of the pumpkins :)

The Dobrons said...

Cutes shots!! So good to see pictures of your sweet parents...hope all is well!-(Dobron- formerly Humberstone!)

Jana said...

You take AWESOME pics. I need some lessons. It was fun to see your mom and dad. They look great, as do you!!! What a beautiful family. I wish I was in San Diego for fall. :(