Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize the little things were the big things. ~Robert Brault

Sunday, October 14, 2007

Kindred Spirits

Have you ever noticed how hard it is to find couples to hang out with? You know, the kind where both the husbands and the wives get along? Well, Bryan and I are lucky enough to have the most awesome little family where we ALL play well together. Ryan Alexander and Bryan were BFFs in high school. So, naturally, we all went out once when Bryan and I were seriously dating and Ryan and Courtney were newlyweds. The rest is history.


Bryan and Ryan play so well together. :) They play video games and go see lame movies together that Court and I couldn't care less about. They talk sports and have lunch dates at Chiles more than any married couple I know. Courtney and I chat on the phone, make bows, bracelets, scrapbook, and occasionally shop.


We all became even closer when we had Carter and Blake within a few months of each other. Then, Addilyn and McKenzie were born within a few months. This only fueled the fire more! Everyone has a "friend" when we get together.


We joke that when we go on double dates the couples are Ryan and Bryan, and Courtney and me. We take turns babysitting the kids while the other "couple" goes out... meaning, Courtney and I will head out to the scrapbooking store while the boys watch the kids. (I use the term "watch" loosely.)


The best part of the whole friendship, though, are the little boys. Carter and Blake are the best of friends. They have an absolute blast together. Within a few minutes of being together they are both sweating from running around. They communicate in their own little way, play with Deja (the dog), play peek-a-boo, run around the house, play in Blake's room, jump on the bed, and ALWAYS copy each other. It is beyond funny to watch the two of them.

Here's Carter giving Blake a hug.

This next one is seriously the cutest picture in the ENTIRE world!!

So, naturally, when Courtney wanted me to take family pictures (which turned into just pictures of the kids when Ryan got a MAJOR black eye- stitches and all- at basketball this week) I was thrilled. The kids were so cooperative and their backyard was just beautiful. It is so fun having such great friends!!


Here are a few of Kenzie.

Blakers.


Older brothers in a nutshell! (My personal favorite.)

6 comments:

Matt & Brooke said...

Good friends are the best...but i really i wanted to comment on your costume post...SO HILARIOUS, and something about dressing a girl for halloween (oh wait, and everyday life) is much more fun than a boy- you just want to step up the adorableness for some reason. I LOVE ebay!

bethany said...

Hey Jen-Thanks for the comment about the store. I would like to raise the price, but people aren't buying in at the "discounted" price, so I'm not sure....
You should come and join the swap. They are fun to do :)

Ashby said...

There is nothing better than finding another couple to "date" (as my little sister calls it!). Looks like you guys have such a blast together!

The Prigmore Family said...

You are displaying quite the talent little miss I'm a photographer now. When are you coming to SD so I can beg you to take pics of our lil grom? We haven't had ANY pictures taken of him yet. Don't worry he's almost 1 and 1/2. Worst parents ever find it....found.

Natalie said...

The pictures look great! You'll have to teach me how to be is good as you someday!

Unknown said...

Soo cute! I am so glad that you have another couple to date together :) Someday maybe we will get as lucky. I still need to figure out a time for you to snap some pics of my kids. BTW I signed up for that scrapbook class so count me in on the fun!