Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize the little things were the big things. ~Robert Brault

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Granky and Gigi

Last week the kids and I headed to San Diego. I have been wanting to get out there since Preslee was born so she could meet my grandparents. As I have mentioned several times on my blog, I have the most awesome grandparents on both sides! I am lucky enough to have my dad's parents live only about 30 minutes from my parents. So, every time we go home I make sure to go and bug them at least once. They are so fun. Always have been. My kids absolutely adore them... although it takes Addi a little while to warm up. Not Carter. He often talks about them when we're in Arizona asking when we can go see them again.
Granky is now using a walker. I told him we need to totally trick it out. You know, get a load obnoxious horn, paint flames on it... stuff like that. He took Carter on walks up and down their hallway while Carter sat on the seat of the walker. He thought it was the coolest thing! He talked about it the whole way home. Granky even let Carter push it around their house.
Thank you for taking the time and energy to spend time with my kids. I know kids are hard (and LOUD!) but I hope you both know how much they adore you. You're the most amazing grandparents and I love you even more watching you adore and pine after my children. If only they knew how lucky they are to still have you two around.

Meeting Preslee for the first time.
These pictures are so very priceless. I wish I had pictures like this with my great grandparents.
A "lug" for Gigi. Carter chillin' in the walker.

1 comment:

Alyssa Elledge said...

Oh my goodness, those children of yours are SO incredibly adorable! Little Preslee is an angel!! Thanks for sharing :)