Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize the little things were the big things. ~Robert Brault

Friday, October 16, 2009

La Playa

Obviously growing up I spent a fair amount of time at the beach. But I wasn't the usual SoCal beach-goer. I liked to swim in my pool during the day (more convenient and FAR cleaner) and go to the beach at night. Don't get me wrong, I have fond memories of ditching high school to go to the beach (even once getting caught by the cops... good thing I was already 18 that time), but there's nothing like the beach at night. Calm, lit by the moon and bonfires, the sound of the waves, and the smell. I LOVE the smell.
Anyways, since I'm a Nazi about getting the kids in bed around 7 (or 8 if we're on vacation) the beach is more of a daytime event for us right now. I am really excited to take them at night for a bonfire in the future, but for now, it's daytime trips and sunset smores. Plus, my kids are Zonies and they don't mix well with the cold. Once the sun is gone, the beach is chilly, even in July. So, we headed to the beach one day while we were in San Diego. It was so fun and Carter LOVED the water... as long as it didn't pass his ankles. :) Addi preferred the sand and food. Preslee preferred Nona. We had a blast playing with Josh and Allie and their mommy. While I'm sad they moved it's SO fun to spend really quality time with them while we're visiting. I love my family!!


1 comment:

Spjut Family said...

Wow, those pictures of Presleys baby blessing are priceless and love her cake. And those of the beach... oh, can I fly out to so. cali???? I love the water, love,love, love. And lastly, can I say how impressed I am that you get your kids in bed by seven. My goal is 8 or 9. Yikes, you do have skills.