Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize the little things were the big things. ~Robert Brault

Saturday, August 4, 2007

Even Though He's 2...

Even though Carter is SO 2 years old, he still does the cutest things on a daily basis. Most of them involve his developing language skills. He's so hard to understand sometimes and we all get frustrated with the lack of communication. Here are two of the funny words he says... and what they really mean:
he-i-cotter: helicopter
asher: dinosaur
bread cake: banana bread
He also makes the cutest little statements and we have no idea where he gets them. For example: He will turn off a light (in a room that has tons of natural light), put his hands on his cheeks, and say "Aahhh! Scary!". Then he will turn the light back on and say, "All better" and sound quite relieved.
I just need to keep reminding myself of these cute little things for the times during the day that he is a little twirp. I just keep thinking to myself, "He'll grow out of it... this is only a stage." And then I remember that I have another one coming into the 2's right as he leaves... wow...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go on TWO blog updates!!!!
Also, way to go on the concert, you sound so young! Dave and I went to see HP5 on Thursday...does that make us young still??????

Jen and Bryan said...

who is that? (does that make me old?) hehe

Tami said...

Danny is starting to talk like that too... we translate his weird little words, its so cute. Thanks for reminding me of their cuteness on a day like today where the kids are so dang annoying I want to run away... :)