Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize the little things were the big things. ~Robert Brault

Saturday, August 4, 2007

Such Groupies!





Last night Bryan and I went to the most bitchen concert. (verdict's still out on whether that's a bad word or not... I say no, Bryan says yes.) One of our favorite bands is Jimmy Eat World. It was beyond amazing. We have seen them several times in concert before but this time was better than ever. Bryan has loved them since he was in 7th grade and they played at a party when they were in 10th grade 0r so. He has been a faithful fan ever since. I have enjoyed them for the past 5 years or so.
Anyways, we were in the THIRD row. Close enough to see that his pick was red, he didn't have any boogers, he was sweating like a pig- and every time he flung his head around the sweat would FLY-, and even close enough to realize that Tom, the guitarist is super cute. ;) (That was mostly my observation but Bryan totally called me on it... caught me looking I guess!) They did their normal set and then came back for their encore. We were expecting 3ish songs but they went CRAZY. They probably played 12 songs. They would just decide spur of the moment what the sing next and asked the crowd what they wanted to hear. It was so very amazing!!
At one point it was just Jim on stage and he had the sound guys cut all the mikes. He sang "In the Middle" completely acoustic and had the crowd sing with him. We were even close enough that we could hear his voice even though there were no mikes on or guitars plugged in.
It was the best concert we have been to for a while. The energy was over the top, which always makes it better. Plus, they have major hometown pride. GO JIMMY!!!

3 comments:

Missy said...

Well, just so you guys will think I am a little cooler...I was almost related to Jim Linton of Jimmy Eatworld! I will explain later. Mark and I went to a concert last year, only cuz I was in love with the lead singer (Mark is a good sport)...I am way too embarrassed to say who we saw... but we definately needed to go to church the next day! I guess I will explain that one later too. Sounds fun though!

Jen and Bryan said...

ok, i SO need details!!!!! I'll grill you at church. :) by the way, don't get me started on the "acting like a completely psycho groupie" thing. I have a few stories of my own. Obsessive...

Michelle said...

That was the bestest concert EVER in the entire whole wide world!!