Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize the little things were the big things. ~Robert Brault

Sunday, August 19, 2007

No Pain, No Gain!

Yesterday, Courtney and I finally had both husbands convinced that piercing the girls ears was in their best interest. I know both Nona and Grammie are going to go into cardiac arrest when they find out that I poked holes in my baby's ears but... oh well! :) So, we headed to the mall before Daddy changed his mind. Addilyn did great... until they actually poked the holes. Then, she screamed bloody murder!!! She was fine after a few minutes but I felt kind of bad... until I saw how totally CUTE her ears are. Seriously, so cute!



The Calm before the storm. McKenzie and Addilyn had NO idea what they were in for.




"Hey this is fun! So many people watching me. I wonder why..."













They tried to do both at once but Addi was too squirmy.













The aftermath! She cried for a few minutes but I know she is so excited to have little pink daisies in her ears.














This one broke my heart.



















See, that wasn't so bad!

8 comments:

Ashby said...

Those are SO cute! Ryan has already put his foot down on the ear piercing....at least until the girls are old enough to ask. Hmmm....should I start putting a bug in their ears?

Momma Malia said...

okay jen, you were more brave than i was. i wanted to get brailyn's ears pierced, but i couldn't do it. but they are sooo cute. don't worry, we won't call cps on you!

Anonymous said...

I am so going to pierce my babies ears...that is...if I ever have a girl!!!

Jason and Kate said...

My fav is the one where she is crying! Sad, but it made me chuckle.

Papa Clint said...

What a bunch of child abusers you are!

The Meachams said...

BLING BLING addi!!!! YEAH i'm so excited and can't wait to see her darling little earings :)

Good Job Jen...

Missy said...

Ohhhh! Don't feel bad, I was one of those mean moms too. I did my girls at that exact age, it's the best time to do it cuz she won't mess with them...and won't remember! I did it right in the middle of the mall and I drew the biggest crowd with tons of dirty looks...oh well, it's cute.

P.S. Miss Carter, is he better?

katie said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the earrings! Maycee was that little when we got hers done. SOO cute!