Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize the little things were the big things. ~Robert Brault

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Finally, Maui

I am finally getting my act together and posting. It has been a CRAZY few weeks from Maui, to Corpus Christi, to home and Bryan starting work (finally!!!)... So, here are some high lights from our trip to Maui. I'll post above each picture where we are. Overall, it was an amazing experience and if you ever have the chance, head out there for sure!!!
Snorkeling and swimming at Black Rock. This was the best snorkeling that we saw.
You can't tell how high we are in this picture, but trust me, we were pretty far up there. We went parasailing. It was really cool... except where they dipped our feet in the water and I thought I was going to get eaten by a shark... don't worry, I'm safe. :)
Bryan. The view from 400 feet up in the Maui air.
When we were being reeled in
Ryan and Courtney heading out. The guy dunked them a little too far. They got drenched and Courtney was drug through the water like a rag doll. It was pretty funny from where we were sitting.

Bryan heading to the water to boogie board... which was pretty pathetic at the beaches we went to.
Bubba Gumps. I LOVED this place. The food (we had dessert) was not the best but the view was unbeatable. We were there at Sunset and were lucky enough to sit right on the water.

Black Sand Beach. I started to teach Courtney how to work my camera. Not a bad shot for a beginner, huh?
Bamboo Forrest up towards Hana. This place was so cool because it was super quiet in there. When the wind blew, instead of hearing the leaves go through trees the bamboo just hit each other. It was such a beautiful sound.
Court and me in the Bamboo forest.

A beautiful Maui Sunset. Again, nice shot, Court!The Samoan Fire Dance. The highlight of my trip for sure was the Luau. All of the Polynesian cultures have a special place in my heart, but especially the Samoan and Maori cultures. What wonderful people.


The rest of these pictures are from our day trip out to Molokini, a crater that is suppose to have awesome snorkeling... ummm... unless it's totally choppy and every one's puking off the side of the boat... and did I mention that it was also really really really cloudy the entire time we were out at Mokolini? But we hear that normally it's really nice. :)Bryan just watching the water.

Ryan and Bryan
Jaime, this one's for you. It made me so happy inside when I got this picture just waiting for the moment it was on my blog for you to see... Isn't he CUTE?!?!?


8 comments:

Shenna said...

Love the pictures. I'm glad you had such a fun time - you guys deserved it!

Tami said...

Hey we went to that same Bubba Gumps when we were in Maui - also one of my faves. You can't beat the location and atmosphere of the waves crashing right up on the side of the restaurant. we had dinner and it was good - they have really good onion rings. looks like a great trip - you guys look happy, relaxed, beautiful, and in love!

The Prigmore Family said...

Eeeeeeek! thanks for the turtle shot. It made me SO happy and then I started crying because I miss hawaii. Thanks a lot you "big big jerk" JK I'm so glad you had fun even though carter thought you were in heaven. Actually, in my opinion you pretty much were...snorks and all!

Laura Blue said...

well it looks like you guys had a blast and got some really cute pics from the trip as well. great job and i'm happy that you got to go... fun times!

Courtney said...

Man you guys had an awesome photographer... you lucked out, those pictures turned out amazing!!! ;) It makes me want to go back!! :( We had such a good time!!!

Jessica said...

It looks so beautiful!

Missy said...

Ok...I am so jealous. HOW FUN! I love all the pics. Your Photo Blog pics are seriously Postcards, they are awesome! And you two are so cute together, so in love!!! Awww...I miss Mark. (wha,wha,wha, lol!)

Jocelyn said...

I LOVE Maui. Looks like you guys had a great trip! And so sad that Carter thought you had gone to be with Violet. :(